• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,509 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2022 at 6:11 PM, manetteska said:

This was my surprise. Anyone know why? I don’t keep track of his non-SJ issues. 

Oh and I won two (I think!). 

this was more surprising to me 

Seven Seas Comics #6 (Leader, 1947) CGC GD 2.0 Off-white pages.... | Lot #81117 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

On 8/11/2022 at 10:18 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Honestly, with that book’s stature and compared to some of these other zany results, it seems like… a bargain?

On 8/11/2022 at 10:27 PM, Point Five said:

Honestly, with that book’s stature and compared to some of these other zany results, it seems like… a bargain?

The "price-per-point" tracks with the pair of 4.5s that sold at HA in Jan 2022 and Nov 2021 (17.4k and 16.8k respectively). 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:19 PM, szav said:

Shocking for sure, that's about a 1k book prior to today.  

Time for everyone who has one already, and pretty much any other Baker to crack a bottle of champagne to celebrate what they do have, and then cry a few tears for the books now out of their reach.

I am happy to have my copy...it is in about that range

Honestly, I like the cover a lot when compared to issue 4 so it's nice to see it gain a little ground.

1 and 2 are severely undervalued.

Edited by PeterPark