• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,586 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2022 at 12:50 AM, MBFan said:

A friend found this lone Matt Baker romance book in a purchase of mainly mid-to-late-50's westerns & DC's. It's not the prettiest copy of Teen-Age Romances #45, but I'm glad to have it. 

Teen-Age Romances 45 front.jpg

:applause:

On 8/21/2022 at 12:50 AM, MBFan said:

A friend found this lone Matt Baker romance book in a purchase of mainly mid-to-late-50's westerns & DC's. It's not the prettiest copy of Teen-Age Romances #45, but I'm glad to have it. 

Teen-Age Romances 45 front.jpg

:headbang:

On 8/30/2022 at 9:16 AM, szav said:

No more getting these or any Baker babe non romance cheap any longer it seems, especially in 7.0 or better.  Seen these sorts of prices on the Texan 4 often enough to think its a definite 4 figure book in decent shape now.  These basically cost what rarer Baker romance use to cost 4 to 5 years ago now.  

image.png.402c6e2a1c347404023d49faf9de53c0.png

image.png.1e753331158e77885981a708a85b533e.png

The non romance Bakers have been cheap for years. It was only a matter of time until the other ones were discovered. I was buying them when nobody wanted them. :banana:

On 8/30/2022 at 9:24 AM, Robot Man said:

The non romance Bakers have been cheap for years. It was only a matter of time until the other ones were discovered. I was buying them when nobody wanted them. :banana:

Yes only matter of time. just like the romance bakers. 

Speaking of time. Someone on bay selling Cinderella Tiny Tales for $500 :flipbait:

That specific Texan #4 sold for $4320 on 4/18/21.  Super hot Baker market, yet this really clean copy with White pages, 3rd highest with only one 8.5 and the Promise 9.2 in front of it, and the only copy with White pages of these three, sells for...

$3120.  That's a hefty loss of thousands, between 42-53% loss, depending on whether the seller had to eat all the commission or just the 20% seller's.

but but but

On 8/30/2022 at 2:49 PM, Dr. Love said:

That specific Texan #4 sold for $4320 on 4/18/21.  Super hot Baker market, yet this really clean copy with White pages, 3rd highest with only one 8.5 and the Promise 9.2 in front of it, and the only copy with White pages of these three, sells for...

$3120.  That's a hefty loss of thousands, between 42-53% loss, depending on whether the seller had to eat all the commission or just the 20% seller's.

but but but

And the 8.5 is up for auction now...