• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,511 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Yorick said:

I have a 4.0 too!  The header was miscut in production, but the CGC label says the interior was miscut.  Oops.

Teen-Age Romances 32.JPG

Almost looks as though the cover is too short for the rest of the book ... or the rest of the book is too big for the cover. hm

23 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Almost looks as though the cover is too short for the rest of the book ... or the rest of the book is too big for the cover. hm

Yep.  The header was cut off the top of the cover only.  I don't understand how that could happen with the interior not being cut down as well, but there was no manipulation of the single staple holding it all together (as if the cover had been married or something).  We all know that St John did some interesting rebinding....

2 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, it is odd to be selling a copy of a book on eBay and then buy a higher graded much pricier copy of the same book but when I saw the colors and the spine on Wartime Romances 6 I had to have it.  :blush:

IMG_4480.PNG

IMG_4487.PNG

As another boardie pointed out to me, those books were listed by the dealer who brought the Sixth Street books to market.  I contacted him and they are from another collection, not Sixth Street.  Still a very nice copy.

11 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

As another boardie pointed out to me, those books were listed by the dealer who brought the Sixth Street books to market.  I contacted him and they are from another collection, not Sixth Street.  Still a very nice copy.

I tried to reach him by phone earlier but with the time difference he was not open yet.  I didn't think the ones I picked would last very long so I snapped them up.  

4 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I tried to reach him by phone earlier but with the time difference he was not open yet.  I didn't think the ones I picked would last very long so I snapped them up.  

That, and he wouldn't have budged on the prices, even for a lot of four, imho.  Congrats on a huge Baker day!  :headbang:

7 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

That, and he wouldn't have budged on the prices, even for a lot of four, imho.  Congrats on a huge Baker day!  :headbang:

Thanks Doc! Yeah, I emailed with him after and he said he was torn about selling them at all.  I can relate to that.  

Planets, certain Bakers, most Feldstein.  That seems to be where my affections are settling. 

WR #6 is complete by Baker except for an eight page story, and it's some of his best work.  He really went the extra mile on this title, possibly because he had strong feelings about the war and felt the subject deserved his very best efforts.

And the blonde on that cover is truly smokin'.  One of his smokin'est.