• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,389 posts in this topic

If it's really important to you to have the notation, the way to do it would be to reach out to Matt via email and ask if it could be done through a reholder.  You'd have to have your arguments/proof ready and laid out upfront:  jgegs of the interior illustrations, and quotes from The Art of Glamour that corroborate third party identification.  Matt's got the good eye of course, maybe better than anyone, so he is capable of making the determination himself once the book is cracked out and looked at personally.  Worst case if he doesn't agree, you're out the reholder fee and shipping both ways, figure $50 and 5 weeks out of your hands.

If it was any lesser grade....but with the 9.8 White you stand alone at the peak, a book like that deserves the correct attribution(?).

2 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

If it's really important to you to have the notation, the way to do it would be to reach out to Matt via email and ask if it could be done through a reholder.  You'd have to have your arguments/proof ready and laid out upfront:  jgegs of the interior illustrations, and quotes from The Art of Glamour that corroborate third party identification.  Matt's got the good eye of course, maybe better than anyone, so he is capable of making the determination himself once the book is cracked out and looked at personally.  Worst case if he doesn't agree, you're out the reholder fee and shipping both ways, figure $50 and 5 weeks out of your hands.

If it was any lesser grade....but with the 9.8 White you stand alone at the peak, a book like that deserves the correct attribution(?).

Thanks. At least one of the illustrations is signed with his name so the identification should not be an issue. Since this was the only issue graded thus far the graders probably thought the author notations meant more on the label. Just frustrating to do the back and forth since I included the reference in a note to them

Ahh.  I too have learned - an important notation has to be cleared up front from inside the office.  The grading form is iffy at best.  Matt's a busy guy, I work with Melissa Lee, she's fantastically helpful.

Edited by Dr. Love

17 hours ago, archiefan said:

Quite happy with this one just back from FL. Highest and ONLY graded copy

IMG_6228.thumb.JPG.f86cfb2cd6555cb59e6a2a69025a2e6e.JPG

Wow... That is fantastic!  Label doesn't matter too much.  We Baker collectors know what's inside!!!

9 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

Yeah, Roy linked to that one in the GA Marketplace Links thread.  Interesting piece ... and interesting price. :)

23 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, Roy linked to that one in the GA Marketplace Links thread.  Interesting piece ... and interesting price. :)

Hey guys.

I genuinely don't know how to price it. As Ron says, there is very little Baker to go around but exceptional pieces have sold in the $6-7K range years ago on Heritage. And I do think this piece counts as exceptional.

I have a number in my head that I want to get for it so I'm open to offers to see what the market decides. I paid $4000 for it about 5 years ago. Maybe 6 years ago now that I think about it. 

Edited by VintageComics

21 hours ago, october said:

Nice feedback rating, Roy! :sick:

Ah, the guy was a total d-bag.

I was on the road and sold a book privately. In the mean time this buyer hit my BIN.  I sent him a very polite and apologetic email explaning that I was on the road and unable to update eBay in time and he left a neg. Not much 

i can do there.

3 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Hey guys.

I genuinely don't know how to price it. As Ron says, there is very little Baker to go around but exceptional pieces have sold in the $6-7K range years ago on Heritage. And I do think this piece counts as exceptional.

I have a number in my head that I want to get for it so I'm open to offers to see what the market decides. I paid $4000 for it about 5 years ago. Maybe 6 years ago now that I think about it. 

Roy this is better than those Ha.com pieces. In fact I think this could count as amazing. You could get your price or a little close. Heritage might get it for you.

7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Teen-Age Temptations 2 went strong again tonight.  I would like a copy of that one. Never go quite high enough. 

Did get one I wanted though. 

IMG_4292.PNG

Good taste in comics, you have, says I.

20 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Teen-Age Temptations 2 went strong again tonight.  I would like a copy of that one. Never go quite high enough. 

Did get one I wanted though. 

IMG_4292.PNG

Could you send the link to the TT 2 please? I can't find it.

4 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Thanks. I couldn't sell my low grade copy on the boards last year for anything. Next time it's ebay.