• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,377 posts in this topic

Speaking of pricing, this generously graded VG by HA just went for $621. Lord knows what the back looks like. Surprisingly, HA included one of their rare full length vertical spine shots. For this price point! I was shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

ItRhymesfc100_zps8368b3c6.jpg

I am tending to agree now about the TR 44 being scarce or HTF. Have all our boardies here posted theirs yet? If so, yow, what does that say about it. I do seem to recall a beat copy on Ebay just a little while back. I've had 2 copies of TR 45, but have not seen any others available otherwise.

Duke, your memory is scary. Yes mine is the Neatstuff copy from 2004.

It did not come cheap!

I know... I remember.

Heh Heh Heh!

I think I got onto Baker waaaay too late to have much hope of completing my collection. :cry:

Just relax and enjoy the ones you have. :)

You must be joking! :sumo:

Speaking of pricing, this generously graded VG by HA just went for $621. Lord knows what the back looks like. Surprisingly, HA included one of their rare full length vertical spine shots. For this price point! I was shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

That water mark is unfortunately placed ....

If it were an honest VG I could see it. I sold a VG/F with a reglued spine for around that years ago ( I forget the exact amount , but it was between 6 and 700). But I don't see how that is any more than a 3.0.

If it were an honest VG I could see it. I sold a VG/F with a reglued spine for around that years ago ( I forget the exact amount , but it was between 6 and 700). But I don't see how that is any more than a 3.0.

I can see this getting a VG- if there was no stain on the forehead. But with that stain, agreed it is a 3.0 That has to be one of the worse spots for a stain.

My copy with a tiny bit of color touch.

RhymesWithLust_zpsf3035d8a.jpg

Beautiful copies gents! TAR 13 followed by 14. Just stunning work. I must admit, the 14 is the cover that really made me a Baker believer.

Lee, your Rhymes is so impressive, too.

I think Baker was just on a roll when he produced his TAR 13 and 14. He definitely had moments of inspiration like Frazetta, LB Cole, Kamen, and Schomburg that set him apart from most of his peers.

Beautiful copies gents! TAR 13 followed by 14. Just stunning work. I must admit, the 14 is the cover that really made me a Baker believer.

I think Baker was just on a roll when he produced his TAR 13 and 14. He definitely had moments of inspiration like Frazetta, LB Cole, Kamen, and Schomburg that set him apart from most of his peers.

Since you mentioned Frazetta... I've always felt the Cinderella Love 25 cover is to Baker's work, as the Weird Science-Fantasy 29 cover is to Frazetta's. Both are inspired masterpieces, both are high water marks in the career of each artist.

145668.jpg.77e5a82ab04169d5993dbaedf92e2255.jpg

I can see this getting a VG- if there was no stain on the forehead. But with that stain, agreed it is a 3.0 That has to be one of the worse spots for a stain.

I haven't seen this St John book pop for sale in years?

EC145C43-423F-45D2-99D1-890862D7891C_zpsq7nzieqr.jpg

I haven't seen this St John book pop for sale in years?

EC145C43-423F-45D2-99D1-890862D7891C_zpsq7nzieqr.jpg

That Winking Buddha is pretty cool. Years ago they seemed pretty available. But in the past few years, it looks like most copies have dried up.

I guess I'm the minority report on TAR 14, but that cover has never appealed to me. I know it must be popular, because Benson used it as the cover for his book on St John: Good read for Baker fans