• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,373 posts in this topic

Does this mean my Baker collection more than doubled in value? hm

Check out the other Baker prices in this sellers auction. They went for cheap. These uncommon issues attracts the bids.

If Ajax Largo's copy of Teen-Age Romances #41 is worth $440, I'm glad I held on to my copy.

Maybe the woman on the beach is the day-time alter-ego of Phantom Lady? That would explain the hammer price.

145899.jpg.02bd4e443766bf84d066e994bd2ecf16.jpg

Check out the other Baker prices in this sellers auction. They went for cheap. These uncommon issues attracts the bids.

If Ajax Largo's copy of Teen-Age Romances #41 is worth $440, I'm glad I held on to my copy.

Maybe the woman on the beach is the day-time alter-ego of Phantom Lady? That would explain the hammer price.

I had a copy in almost the exact same condition, I let it go at auction on eBay almost a year ago, and it went for about $65. At the time, I thought that was a fair price.

Sometimes I regret a sale.

In 2009, the only CGC copy, a 5.5, sold at auction through ComicConnect for $310.

Sometimes I don't regret a purchase.

tar41_zpsad57089e.jpg

Edited by 29dukedog

I had a copy in almost the exact same condition, I let it go at auction on eBay almost a year ago, and it went for about $65. At the time, I thought that was a fair price.

In 2009, the only CGC copy, a 5.5, sold at auction through ComicConnect for $310.

tar41_zpsad57089e.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

tar41_zpsad57089e.jpg

As good a copy as you will ever see.

tar41_zpsad57089e.jpg

As good a copy as you will ever see.

Unfortunately for most people who want a copy, you are probably right. But I often wonder, would these books hold the same intrigue and fascination that they do, if they were easy to find?

Shades of a decade ago, when it didn't seem to matter what the grade was. Scarce Baker issues would sell on Ebay for up to 1k regardless of condition.

Things seem to be trending that way again

But I dont think it means that higher grade copies will necessarily hit proportionately high record prices. I guess we'll see!

Shades of a decade ago, when it didn't seem to matter what the grade was. Scarce Baker issues would sell on Ebay for up to 1k regardless of condition.

Things seem to be trending that way again

But I dont think it means that higher grade copies will necessarily hit proportionately high record prices. I guess we'll see!

I wonder if those who bought then are selling now? hm