• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

Safe to say this may be the best copy.

Of course, the census isn't the last word with Baker books, but there are only three copies listed: 8.5, 5.0, and 4.0.

So, yep, yours might well be the best out there.

Oh, man what a stash! Some I have, some I don't. (some I'll never get anymore...) I love hunting flea markets in PA!

16089136567_6ae15649ed_b.jpg

I used to find Baker books at the flea market and they were cheap.

The price went up and the collections disappeared. I can still find Little Lulu, however.

OK, Kids, here is another Baker oddity. Record Book of Famous Police Cases Giant WITH the Mexican version. Can't be many of these out there. This weekend I delved into my Giant/Annual boxes. I forgot how many St John annuals I had. (I think I am missing only 2). I used to buy every one I could because I loved annuals and Matt Baker did most of the St John ones. They aren't all Romance though. I've got to put them on my photobucket. Any you would like to see first?

LOVE the colors on this one!

comrecordpolicecase_zpsa5513ca6.jpg

comrecordpolicespanish_zpsab98e6d7.jpg

OK, Kids, here is another Baker oddity. Record Book of Famous Police Cases Giant WITH the Mexican version. Can't be many of these out there. This weekend I delved into my Giant/Annual boxes. I forgot how many St John annuals I had. (I think I am missing only 2). I used to buy every one I could because I loved annuals and Matt Baker did most of the St John ones. They aren't all Romance though. I've got to put them on my photobucket. Any you would like to see first?

Yes, please- I'd like to see either issue (both, if you have them) of All Picture All True Love Story.

Oh, man what a stash! Some I have, some I don't. (some I'll never get anymore...) I love hunting flea markets in PA!

The price went up and the collections disappeared. I can still find Little Lulu, however.

All but one of those was from the flea markets. Did you used to search for robots in PA? I knew a guy that did that. I asked him about the robot I had as a kid and he called it a "Zoomer".

Edited by BB-Gun

Yeah, I look for comics, toys, premiums, robots, pulps, advertising stuff, political pins, sports ect. Have found some great stuff in Addamstown, Kutztown ect. Always fun to hunt in different areas. Out here I know all the players. There, everything is fresh and different. Do you still find any GA comics out there? Oh, a Zoomer is a good one! I've got a couple in my robot picture.

All but one of those was from the flea markets. Did you used to search for robots in PA? I knew a guy that did that. I asked him about the robot I had as a guy and he called it a "Zoomer".

Can't remember if I've posted this before. Oh well.

teen-agetemptation1-a.jpg

Nice! Tied at the top.

One of the first Baker books I bought was the Crippen copy of that issue. It's currently on a looooong Florida vacation. Will be interesting to see what it grades at. Probably below 8.5, I think. hm