• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,336 posts in this topic

Last one I needed to complete my Pictorial Romances run.

PICTORIALROMANCES14_zps42230603.jpg

That is exactly what my wife's mom said to her...except substitute comic dealer for gambler.

Well, Mom's do know about this sort of thing ....

...especially when it comes to cheap and low-down :ohnoez:

And then your wife's Mom saw the Action 15 cover and all was forgiven! :D

Yep. She doesn't understand what it is, but she knows how much it cost.

You got that from the Nostalgia Zone, right here in my home town, didn't you? Swiped it right out from under me, before I even knew they'd picked it up! I saw it on their website only a few days ago, but it had already sold. Should've known it was you.

Well... it's not like I don't already have one. I even found a nice F/VF copy about six years ago, also right here in Minneapolis, which I directed to Joanna. It really is one of the toughest issues, but in recent years I've decided that PR 23 is probably the single scarcest issue of PR.

You got that from the Nostalgia Zone, right here in my home town, didn't you? Swiped it right out from under me, before I even knew they'd picked it up! I saw it on their website only a few days ago, but it had already sold. Should've known it was you.

Well... it's not like I don't already have one. I even found a nice F/VF copy about six years ago, also right here in Minneapolis, which I directed to Joanna. It really is one of the toughest issues, but in recent years I've decided that PR 23 is probably the single scarcest issue of PR.

No Baker is safe from me! :sumo:

pic1052a_zpscf6298f2.jpg

I would've loved to pick up the Sixth Street copy of PR 23, a slabbed 7.0. However, he'd listed the PR 21, CGC 6.0, at the same time, and I wanted that one more. The 21 was a full grade point lower than the 23, but priced about $100. more. Still, it was no contest.

Curse me and my finite expendable income. :frustrated:

I would've loved to pick up the Sixth Street copy of PR 23, a slabbed 7.0. However, he'd listed the PR 21, CGC 6.0, at the same time, and I wanted that one more. The 21 was a full grade point lower than the 23, but priced about $100. more. Still, it was no contest.

Curse me and my finite expendable income. :frustrated:

It was a little hard to fathom the system in his pricing.

I do have a fairly nice raw copy of PR 21.

pr21_zps7ecd47ab.jpg

Census indicates that the only other graded copy -- apart from your SS 6.0 -- is a 3.0.

No Baker is safe from me! :sumo:

pic1052a_zpscf6298f2.jpg

Very cool book!!! Congratulations with the great score! :applause:

I love that this cover reveals how the times have changed :)

It seems like a two room flat in Brooklyn is very desirable these days to the young that are looking for fun, especially in Williamsburg and Bushwick.

wowzie...

I've never seen that Teen Age Romances... my Gerber books are packed as I'm moving... but I'm pretty sure it's not in it.

thanks for sharing... but frustrates me to think it's going to be years (and years) before I can assemble a full run or a Baker Romance title.

(and I'm loving that Pictorial Romances 14 ---- with again the realization that a complete title run by expert collectors is still a feat of patience).