• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

Sure looks better than a Good to me, unless that lower right corner is too fugally. The last CL issue that I needed.

ga-2015-0141_zps1b1eaf02.jpg

Congrats on getting the last CL you needed.

I'd have a heck of a lot more "good" conditioned comics in my collection if they looked like this.

Sure looks better than a Good to me, unless that lower right corner is too fugally. The last CL issue that I needed.

Cool book and one I've never seen before, but respectfully, with the staining that's no better than Good. I think in the more number oriented grading world we're now in we sometimes forget that the "Good" grade didn't come about to describe books that looked like rags. As the name implies, books of this grade may be well read, but they are still "good" enough to collect. Congratulations on completing your run :applause:

Cool book and one I've never seen before, but respectfully, with the staining that's no better than Good. I think in the more number oriented grading world we're now in we sometimes forget that the "Good" grade didn't come about to describe books that looked like rags. As the name implies, books of this grade may be well read, but they are still "good" enough to collect. Congratulations on completing your run :applause:

I would disagree that the minor staining would be enough by itself to pull the grade below VG. Just as a Good isn't a Fair, a VG isn't a Fine. Now the lower right hand corner is a little difficult to appraise just from the scan. And then there's the back cover .... I'll have to wait until I have the book in hand to see whether the seller was lenient in his grading.

Thanks, Patrick. Yesterday was a good day. I also picked up this one. Not all that scarce a book, but I had missed a couple of chances to pick one up. So, I was happy to snag this mid-grade copy.

_57_zps33f50370.jpg

And, yes, I'm less competition for Baker books than I used to be! :D

In the immortal worlds of Monty Python "Now for something completely different!

My first post of many in this thread. I know if ain't a comic book but thought it might be of interest to you guys.

I present to you the ATO McBomb pinback button. Something you don't see everyday or most likely never. Interesting little button. I found it years ago and liked it's look. Thought it might be comic book or radio related. I have seen 2 over the years in Ted Hakes auctions. He wasn't sure either but listed it as a comic book. Then lo and behold, I was thumbing through the all Matt Baker issue of Alter Ego magazine and found this. Looks like the strip might never have been produced. The buttons were probably promo items never distributed. Too bad he wasn't a dame! Sorry, the photo looks a little distorted. The button is 1-1/4" round and is a cello covered metal. Enjoy!

atomcbombpin_zpsb4a1e979.jpg

My first post of many in this thread. I know if ain't a comic book but thought it might be of interest to you guys.

I present to you the ATO McBomb pinback button. Something you don't see everyday or most likely never. Interesting little button. I found it years ago and liked it's look. Thought it might be comic book or radio related. I have seen 2 over the years in Ted Hakes auctions. He wasn't sure either but listed it as a comic book. Then lo and behold, I was thumbing through the all Matt Baker issue of Alter Ego magazine and found this. Looks like the strip might never have been produced. The buttons were probably promo items never distributed. Too bad he wasn't a dame! Sorry, the photo looks a little distorted. The button is 1-1/4" round and is a cello covered metal. Enjoy!

Neat stuff! (thumbs u

That button looks brand new! But then, it was probably never in the hands of the public. The Tel Pic folks were apparently good at putting a promo package together but ran into a glitch when it came to actually publishing the book. Since seeing the Alter Ego article, I've wished that the Baker family would find a way to publish everything they have from the project, and all the other Matt Baker material they hold, for that matter.

I can't help but get awestruck when someone pops up with something I've never seen before, especially when it involves the great Matt Baker and an unpublished project. Thanks for the post.