• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

Not the best thing to bump this thread with, but check out this auction TAR 9 on eBay. Then look at the seller's feedback. Think the buyer will ever see the book?

The winner has already left negative feedback claiming he never got the book.

Right you are. I missed that.

With such a poor seller feedback record, I never would've taken a chance to the tune of $2,200. in the first place.

Yeah, I figured this seller was trouble, so I didn't bid. I believe he had previously listed the book as a BIN with a price of around $10K.

Not the best thing to bump this thread with, but check out this auction TAR 9 on eBay. Then look at the seller's feedback. Think the buyer will ever see the book?

With such a poor seller feedback record, I never would've taken a chance to the tune of $2,200. in the first place.

Yeah, I figured this seller was trouble, so I didn't bid. I believe he had previously listed the book as a BIN with a price of around $10K.

Can the sellers get their money back? He had previously listed the book for $10K. How can ebay allow this guy to exist?

Can the sellers get their money back? He had previously listed the book for $10K. How can ebay allow this guy to exist?

comicnut1969 is apparently Ryan Elliott.

If you guys don't know about Ryan Elliott and PGX, you should probably Google it as one of the Negative Feedback comments recommend. He's long been associated with PGX and has a long history of questionable behavior including grading his own books and encapsulating them at PGX.

comicnut1969 is apparently Ryan Elliott.

If you guys don't know about Ryan Elliott and PGX, you should probably Google it as one of the Negative Feedback comments recommend. He's long been associated with PGX and has a long history of questionable behavior including grading his own books and encapsulating them at PGX.

... and making off with ppl's money? Not shipping books?

I don't know if he's actually never shipped a book but I just know he has a long, questionable history.

I'd say if someone knew about the history and still bid that they were playing with fire regardless of the circumstances.

I don't know if he's actually never shipped a book but I just know he has a long, questionable history.

I'd say if someone knew about the history and still bid that they were playing with fire regardless of the circumstances.

As I recall, he was involved in the notorious PGX 9.8 DD's Atom Bomb Cheerios giveaway caper.

I would assume that eBay or PayPal or the buyer's cc company will make the buyer whole, unless the seller resorts to shipping an empty box. In that case, I believe the buyer may have a long hassle ahead, and in the end may have to fall back on private insurance.

Well, you scared me for a moment, but I got it today. Seller called it Fr, and gave this description:

FRONT COVER WORN WITH SMALL TEAR UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER HAS SMALL TEAR AND MISSING BACK COVER IS WORN INSIDE PAGES GOOD

lol

Obviously, some punctuation would have helped. It makes it sound like the BC was missing, but it isn't. I think the bids were kept low due to his not calling the book by its full name (He called it True Love), never mentioned Baker, and the poor description. It is a VG. My winning bid was $137.50. I don't know if that's good or bad (Sqeggs says it's a good price)...but there is a copy on ebay right now that looks worse for a $450 BIN.

332t6w1.jpg

10frhnm.jpg

Edited by tricolorbrian

Well, you scared me for a moment, but I got it today. Seller called it Fr, and gave this description:

FRONT COVER WORN WITH SMALL TEAR UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER HAS SMALL TEAR AND MISSING BACK COVER IS WORN INSIDE PAGES GOOD

lol

Obviously, some punctuation would have helped. It makes it sound like the BC was missing, but it isn't. I think the bids were kept low due to his not calling the book by its full name (He called it True Love), never mentioned Baker, and the poor description. It is a VG. My winning bid was $137.50. I don't know if that's good or bad (Sqeggs says it's a good price)...but there is a copy on ebay right now that looks worse for a $450 BIN.

332t6w1.jpg

10frhnm.jpg

I would say you got an excellent deal. (thumbs u

Thanks. I feel better now... (thumbs u Did anyone else here see it on ebay, or bid...thinking it was missing the BC?

Yeah, I saw it, and I also interpreted the description to mean the bc was missing. Thought it did quite well, considering that!