• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

What the heck... might as well post a few more that aren't seen too often...

PictorialRomances18Ja_zpsc717289c.jpg

gs11_zpswvxnjgry.jpg

tlp9_zps549c619c.jpg

tar45_zpsctealxxm.jpg

BTW, if anyone has a nice TR 45, I'd sure love to see it.

Great batch of books! Here is my TR 45. Picked it up 10 years ago. About a FN/FN-

photo TEEN ROM 45_zpsqlwrf81c.jpg

To this day, I still don't have a TR 9 or 10. They're the only TR issues I'm missing.

But TT 8??? Come on! I've seen dozens of those! (Yours is pretty darn nice, though.)

There was a beat TR 9 for sale on Heritage a couple of weekends ago. I paid through the nose for a 5.5 copy on CLink a couple of years ago. I bought the Sixth Street copy of TR 10. Only three of each on the census.

Edited to add: I only have a raw VG/FN copy of TT8, so it can't be too common at grades higher than that or else not many in those grades have been offered for sale lately or I've been outbid or .... something. :D

Edited by Sqeggs

To this day, I still don't have a TR 9 or 10. They're the only TR issues I'm missing.

But TT 8??? Come on! I've seen dozens of those! (Yours is pretty darn nice, though.)

There was a beat TR 9 for sale on Heritage a couple of weekends ago. I paid through the nose for a 5.5 copy on CLink a couple of years ago. I bought the Sixth Street copy of TR 10. Only three of each on the census.

Edited to add: I only have a raw VG/FN copy of TT8, so it can't be too common at grades higher than that or else not many in those grades have been offered for sale lately or I've been outbid or .... something. :D

My TT 8 is about 6.0. A couple years ago I sold a copy about as nice as RICK's.

I saw that TR 9 on Heritage, but didn't want to bid as high as $657.+ for it. (One day, my prints will come!)

Oh come on, dozens? There aren't any at conventions, and I have been to quite a few recently. Maybe one on Ebay last year. I think it's the toughest TAT issue.

Let me pass on this story to yah' all. I use to set up at some of the NY Creation Cons back in the early 1980's. It was either one of the Koch brothers or G. Dolgoff that came up to me with a short stack of TAT number ones. I bought two copies at $25 apiece. Since I was not a Baker collector back then, I traded or sold them off at some point. They were all in nice VF conditions.

Edited by RICK STARR

This went up on Ebay in June. I put a stink bid in at $150 I believe to keep it from going BIN. Waiting for one of you gents to take it. But none of you ever did - avoided it like the cat peed all over it. Champagne taste, I figured. La dee da, I figured.

TeenAgeTemptations09fc_zpsx3d7xpsd.jpg

Nice pickup! The rest of were on vacation. :D

This is great! I need to get a copy to show my wife and 5 month old. lol

Then again, by the time I track a decent one down he will be a sophomore in college. :censored:

I love and hate this thread. So many cool books, so many cool books I will never own. :frustrated:

This is great! I need to get a copy to show my wife and 5 month old. lol

Then again, by the time I track a decent one down he will be a sophomore in college. :censored:

I love and hate this thread. So many cool books, so many cool books I will never own. :frustrated:

That's just how I feel about your gorgeous Seven Seas 4...

This went up on Ebay in June. I put a stink bid in at $150 I believe to keep it from going BIN. Waiting for one of you gents to take it. But none of you ever did - avoided it like the cat peed all over it. Champagne taste, I figured. La dee da, I figured.

This one is still on ebay...has been for months...at $300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Age-Temptations-8-June-1954-St-John-Comics-Matt-Baker-Art-/351110200398?hash=item51bfcc7c4e:g:wl4AAOSw7I5TtcyV

I'd part with it, but it's the cornerstone of my expansive two book Matt Baker collection. lol

seven%20seas%204_zpsjqzyfisj.jpg

rhymes%20with%20lust_zpsc7vn2gcj.jpg

Very nice. There was an 8.5 Seven Seas 4 in Chicago year before last. Oh yeah, the asking was $10K.

Who had it? Harley?

This one is still on ebay...has been for months...at $300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-Age-Temptations-8-June-1954-St-John-Comics-Matt-Baker-Art-/351110200398?hash=item51bfcc7c4e:g:wl4AAOSw7I5TtcyV

Looks more like a GD to me than a VG-.

Guess that depends on your definition of VG-...I imagine it might be a Harley 5.0...or a Metro 6.5... :o I have a good imagination... lol

Edited by tricolorbrian

I'd part with it, but it's the cornerstone of my expansive two book Matt Baker collection. lol

I'm in love with it. :luhv:

Does that make it a romance book? hm

rhymes%20with%20lust_zpsc7vn2gcj.jpg

Very nice. There was an 8.5 Seven Seas 4 in Chicago year before last. Oh yeah, the asking was $10K.

Who had it? Harley?

It was a boardie I think. I'll have to search my memory.