• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

My CL group shot.

DSCN4785.jpg

And your collection came to mind as well. Joanna, Ron, Rick, John, and that new kid Tony have had a presence in this thread from the beginning - big time Baker fans with great books. A lot of collectors dabble and have outstanding mini-runs, which given the scarcity and comparative cost has been a great way to approach St John romance. There aren't that many committed completionists, though. That's a long long term collecting goal.

Also a shout out to my friend Bumble Kitty who rarely posts but believe me has put together a fantastic collection as well.

I would say I am one of the ones who "dabble", because my focus has always been on just the covers I like...but if the book is inexpensive enough I'll buy just about any Baker in VG or better condition... lol

I would think this rule applies to most owners of Baker romance, so kudos to those die-hards that want all of them, and have accomplished that goal. It isn't an easy one...or did you already say that, Dr.? :D

My CL group shot.

DSCN4785.jpg

And your collection came to mind as well. Joanna, Ron, Rick, John, and that new kid Tony have had a presence in this thread from the beginning - big time Baker fans with great books. A lot of collectors dabble and have outstanding mini-runs, which given the scarcity and comparative cost has been a great way to approach St John romance. There aren't that many committed completionists, though. That's a long long term collecting goal.

Also a shout out to my friend Bumble Kitty who rarely posts but believe me has put together a fantastic collection as well.

Thanks Andy. It was the Baker Romance thread that brought me here. I was friends with Joanna on ebay as she was bidding against me so often. Back then you could communicate with other bidders. Then Steve (eccomic) sent me a link to the BR thread. I mentioned this to Joanna who went " Ron, I'm Jvr11. That's my thread." I then joined the boards. I've gotten some nice books as a result of coming here. And made some great friends.

My CL group shot.

DSCN4785.jpg

Thanks Andy. It was the Baker Romance thread that brought me here. I was friends with Joanna on ebay as she was bidding against me so often. Back then you could communicate with other bidders. Then Steve (eccomic) sent me a link to the BR thread. I mentioned this to Joanna who went " Ron, I'm Jvr11. That's my thread." I then joined the boards. I've gotten some nice books as a result of coming here. And made some great friends.

:foryou:

My CL group shot.

DSCN4785.jpg

It's too bad Joanna rarely stops by this thread any more. I'm not even sure she still collects Baker. I still remember (I should because it wasn't that long ago! :D ) buying my first Baker -- Crippen copy of TAT 1 from Dr. Love. And thus the addiction began!

Edited by Sqeggs

My CL group shot.

DSCN4785.jpg

It's too bad Joanna rarely stops by this thread any more. I'm not even sure she still collects Baker. I still remember (I should because it was that long ago! :D ) buying my first Baker -- Crippen copy of TAT 1 from Dr. Love. And thus the addiction began!

I miss Joanna as well..... she sold me my Venus 19...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

My CL group shot.

DSCN4785.jpg

It's too bad Joanna rarely stops by this thread any more. I'm not even sure she still collects Baker. I still remember (I should because it was that long ago! :D ) buying my first Baker -- Crippen copy of TAT 1 from Dr. Love. And thus the addiction began!

I miss Joanna as well..... she sold me my Venus 19...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes, I'd miss anybody who sold me a Venus 19.

Love this one. Remember the Dale Roberts Ebay slabbed Baker blowout? Squarebound goodness. Good thing for me Sqeggs already had his 6.5 - otherwise it would have cost me (or him) a bit more. As it was, I just nudged out Bumble Kitty. Maybe we should have formed that collective that Brian urged us to do a while ago. :baiting:

PictorialRomances20fc_zpsef5zhr0t.jpg

Love this one. Remember the Dale Roberts Ebay slabbed Baker blowout? Squarebound goodness. Good thing for me Sqeggs already had his 6.5 - otherwise it would have cost me (or him) a bit more. As it was, I just nudged out Bumble Kitty. Maybe we should have formed that collective that Brian urged us to do a while ago. :baiting:

We're in a three-way tie for top-graded on that one. I was lucky to track down a raw copy that graded a shade better than I had expected.

We're in a three-way tie for top-graded on that one. I was lucky to track down a raw copy that graded a shade better than I had expected.

Tough book in nice. When's Dale coming back for the rest of his blowout?

Tough book in nice. When's Dale coming back for the rest of his blowout?

I thought that was it. hm