• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,350 posts in this topic

We don't know exactly what the book sold for, but if it was even close to the asking price, the seller did very well indeed.

watchcount.com shows it sold for $650.

Puzzling that he accepted such a large discount after only two days. hm

Not the same book.The one that just sold pales in comparison.

Are you sure? I entered the item number from the eBay auction into Watchcount.com. Seems to be the same book, but maybe I messed something up?

The other book can be found here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scarce-1954-Cinderella-Love-No-25-Comic-Book-Matt-Baker-Cover-/322024980665?hash=item4afa2f40b9:g:T7IAAOSwPc9W1kws

Go to Watchcount.com and enter this item number: 252320557119

The result seems to be showing the CL 25 with the damaged lower right corner that was listed as a $1,699.99 BIN by martin1928 actually sold for $650.

Just finished doing that, myself. Sure enough. I never knew about Watchcount... never knew there was a way to discover the amount of eBay Best Offers. Cool.

So I guess I'm back to wondering why an experienced eBay seller would accept such a low-ball offer after the listing had only been up for two days. Unless there's more to the deal than we know ....

Anyone have a mid-grade or above copy of this one? Seems pretty tough.

DIARYSECRETS30_zpsjgvyrzi6.jpg

...this would look nice at 9.0................. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Maybe the Meyers could help with that. hm

Anyone have a mid-grade or above copy of this one? Seems pretty tough.

DIARYSECRETS30_zpsjgvyrzi6.jpg

...this would look nice at 9.0................. GOD BLESS...

Maybe the Meyers could help with that. hm

..... now that's a book that I'd want, resto or not........... it's such a well done and whimsical cover, your copy? GOD BLESS...

Here is mine. It is a very tough issue to find in any grade let alone Fine or better. The #18, to me, may even be as or more difficult.

DIARY SECRETS  30 photo DIARYSECT30.jpg

Nice!

Very late in the game, of course, for St John romance, so their always shaky distribution might have been very limited. This may well be a book where a >7.0 copy no longer exists. hm

Here is mine. It is a very tough issue to find in any grade let alone Fine or better. The #18, to me, may even be as or more difficult.

DIARY SECRETS  30 photo DIARYSECT30.jpg

Nice!

Very late in the game, of course, for St John romance, so their always shaky distribution might have been very limited. This may well be a book where a >7.0 copy no longer exists. hm

I agree. There are, most likely, many of these St.John Bakers' that do not exist in

7.0/7.5 or better. I wondered whose issues were used in the Gerber catalogs. They look to be some very sweet looking copies.