• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,349 posts in this topic

Well, it is a tough book, with only three copies on the census -- highest a 4.5. But maybe not so tough that I should have slabbed this copy. :D

A press (which I didn't do) might have nudged the grade up a bit, but with that piece missing, maybe not.

The lead story -- which, miraculously, actually relates to the cover -- is really quite good. Dana Dutch and Matt Baker may have been the best writer/artist combo of the (late) GA.

2fead81f-50e7-4ae5-b6db-3c09edb7f369_zpsta8vz5t2.jpg

Well, it is a tough book, with only three copies on the census -- highest a 4.5. But maybe not so tough that I should have slabbed this copy. :D

A press (which I didn't do) might have nudged the grade up a bit, but with that piece missing, maybe not.

The lead story -- which, miraculously, actually relates to the cover -- is really quite good. Dana Dutch and Matt Baker may have been the best writer/artist combo of the (late) GA.

I guess I'll be thankful for mine.

teen-age%20romances%2037.jpeg

And yes, Dana and Matt made an unbeatable team.

Your copy looks strangely familiar... hm

Your copy looks strangely familiar... hm

I got it on ebay. Maybe from you. Can't remember. Everything hazy.

Another in my ongoing series "Books That Should Never Have Been Slabbed" :acclaim:

Picked this up raw a couple of years ago following a tip from a boardie. Still my only copy. Remarkably, it's second highest on the census.

7ba9e8ee-4777-4544-8533-c28bbb905f91_zpsr2gi51hu.jpg

Really nice copy, but marred by the missing piece. (Kinda blends in, though, doesn't it? hm ) Second highest on the census behind a 4.5. These Going Steadys aren't easy to find.

f00ebfc0-376a-4b3a-8bf5-7181ad874564_zpsv0hi2yta.jpg

This one could have used a press and a dry clean, but I didn't bother. Only one other on the census (another 3.0). The strip at the bottom of the cover shows St John's wonderful quality control!

ec3537f6-21cc-4968-a8f0-6b57748f72bb_zpsxdm8rrz8.jpg

Another in my ongoing series "Books That Should Never Have Been Slabbed" :acclaim:

Picked this up raw a couple of years ago following a tip from a boardie. Still my only copy. Remarkably, it's second highest on the census.

7ba9e8ee-4777-4544-8533-c28bbb905f91_zpsr2gi51hu.jpg

I have only seen some really beat up copies on this one over the years. Not surprised at all that this is #2 on the census.

Really nice copy, but marred by the missing piece. (Kinda blends in, though, doesn't it? hm ) Second highest on the census behind a 4.5. These Going Steadys aren't easy to find.

f00ebfc0-376a-4b3a-8bf5-7181ad874564_zpsv0hi2yta.jpg

Cover image looks very nice despite the missing piece. Wonder what it would grade if the piece wasn't missing?