• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,399 posts in this topic

These Baker books should be called banker books lately for the prices they are getting :)

Ain't that the truth!

Boy, sometimes it gets tempting to unload the pile of Baker books, but then the wife gives me that stern look, and the temptation quickly fades away.

These Baker books should be called banker books lately for the prices they are getting :)

Ain't that the truth!

Boy, sometimes it gets tempting to unload the pile of Baker books, but then the wife gives me that stern look, and the temptation quickly fades away.

Really? So, your wife is the one who says, "Be patient and hang onto the books because they'll be worth a lot more in the future?"

That's great. More often than not, it seems, it's the wife or girl friend who's... well, let's say, more in favor of liquidating the collection.

Edited by 29dukedog

Ain't that the truth!

Really? So, your wife is the one who says, "Be patient and hang onto the books because they'll be worth a lot more in the future?"

That's great. More often than not, it seems, it's the wife or girl friend who's... well, let's say, more in favor of liquidating the collection.

Well, she actually says, "you will never be able to buy them again, so why do you want to sell them?" Plus one book is her favorite, and if I ever kick the bucket, she would sell the collection, but keep that one book.

Ain't that the truth!

Well, she actually says, "you will never be able to buy them again, so why do you want to sell them?" Plus one book is her favorite, and if I ever kick the bucket, she would sell the collection, but keep that one book.

That's really sound logic. I often think to myself, "If I found all these copies now... and had to pay today's prices to get them... I probably couldn't afford it."

It's cool you have a gal that takes an interest in your own interests. It was an old girl friend who I can say got me interested in romance comics, at least earlier than I'm sure I would have done, anyway.

Ain't that the truth!

Which one is that :baiting:

Also - there's a CL 26 1.8 on Ebay - $85 with 3 days to go. Now that's one to watch closely. It'll almost certainly break $100 and if it breaks $150.... hm

Hey Andy, would you please send a link to the CL 26. I can"t seem to find it..

$141.50 with a little less than a day to go hm

I'd guess the CL 26 goes for $223... my bid would be $222 and I usually get out bid, but alas I'm in Canada and can not bid.

.... this was one of the favourite covers I was really thinking about making the "buy it now" when there was a 5.0 on ebay for a long time last year...

if only last years prices were still relevant...

Ain't that the truth!

This one...

Diary%20Secrets%206%20MM%20cover_zpszj0xaxam.jpg

Ain't that the truth!

This one...

Diary%20Secrets%206%20MM%20cover_zpszj0xaxam.jpg

She has excellent taste (thumbs u

Happy with this one. An unnecessary piece of tape on the interior cover at the top staple held down the grade, I think. 3M has a lot to answer for! :taptaptap:

39061368-5b62-42ca-8a93-3454b08a7fab_zps6y1dh3nd.jpg

Nice copy. Possibly the best WR cover, too.

I've only ever owned a beat up low grade Diary Secrets #23, so I was pleased (and quite surprised) that my high bid took bakerfan's copy on eBay this afternoon. Thought it would go for more. Haven't picked up a Baker I needed in a long time.

Was blown away by what the Secrets of True Love #1 went for (just over $400.). But it was no surprise that the Teen-Age Romances #45 also went for about $400. There was little doubt who'd win that one. Kudos.

I've only ever owned a beat up low grade Diary Secrets #23, so I was pleased (and quite surprised) that my high bid took bakerfan's copy on eBay this afternoon. Thought it would go for more.

Congrat's on the win, I was one of the undebidders.

Happy with this one. An unnecessary piece of tape on the interior cover at the top staple held down the grade, I think. 3M has a lot to answer for! :taptaptap:

39061368-5b62-42ca-8a93-3454b08a7fab_zps6y1dh3nd.jpg

Beautiful copy, Tony. :applause:

+1. Beautiful colors.

Ken

Thanks, gents. Definitely a keeper.

The TAR 45 went higher than I had hoped. A very low fb bidder added about $125 to the price, for what that's worth. Took a run at the SoTL, although my raw copy is probably a bit nicer. That's only the second copy I've seen.

Apparently, the cover is the original (rejected) cover to WAR 17.

My DS 23 is a 7.0, but has its shortcomings. :D

dia420a_zps5a33aa9f-1_zps61c515cc.jpg