• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

Just to be clear, I was wondering about an update to this list:

Secrets of True Love

Diary Secrets nn

All-Picture All-True Love Story 2

Giant Comics Editions 12

Romance Confession Stories

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 7

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 9

Record Book of Famous Police Cases

Authentic Police Cases 18

Dug up from antiquity somewhere...

I wonder what the experts would rank as the hardest to find Baker romances given a couple more years experience hm

Diary Secrets nn. Easily.

Is this the one you mean? I think it's a one shot.

comdiartsecrets_zpsc3a18f89.jpg

That's the one.

Happy with this one. An unnecessary piece of tape on the interior cover at the top staple held down the grade, I think. 3M has a lot to answer for! :taptaptap:

39061368-5b62-42ca-8a93-3454b08a7fab_zps6y1dh3nd.jpg

Stunning copy. Congratulations on a wonderful book!

Secrets of True Love

Diary Secrets nn

Giant Comics Editions 12

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 7

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 9

I know that WR 17 was discussed for this list but too many copies showed up...anyone want to weigh in on the current TOP TEN hardest-to-find Baker Romances?

Secrets of True Love

Diary Secrets nn

Giant Comics Editions 12

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 7

Teen-Age Diary Secrets 9

I know that WR 17 was discussed for this list but too many copies showed up...anyone want to weigh in on the current TOP TEN hardest-to-find Baker Romances?

We need Teen-age Romances 9 in this list.

What you say to cats:

I think SoTL is just locally hard to find, but not really as scarce as most collectors think. Over the past 15 years I've seen at least a dozen different copies.

What they hear:

What you say to cats:

I think SoTL is just locally hard to find, but not really as scarce as most collectors think. Over the past 15 years I've seen at least a dozen different copies.

What they hear:

Would a dozen copies be enough to knock it out of the top 10 scarcest?

I guess the other thing is the distinction between scarce and available. GCE 12 may not necessarily rank among the top 10 most scarce, but copies are rarely available. SoTL, on the other hand, doesn't necessarily have the most appealing cover (although I like it a lot), so possibly people are more inclined to part with their copies.

Stray thought. :D

Edited by Sqeggs

There are many other books I'd put on a list of "Top Ten Scarcest Bakers" before SoTL. In those same 15 years, I've seen less than half a dozen copies each of Pictorial Romances 14 and 23, for example. That includes books for sale, and books in private collections.

Edited by 29dukedog

Happy with this one. An unnecessary piece of tape on the interior cover at the top staple held down the grade, I think. 3M has a lot to answer for! :taptaptap:

OOOoo, Squegg, that's some book right there! :golfclap:

OOOoo, Squegg, that's some book right there! :golfclap:

Thanks. I think it's a great example of Baker's ability to depict an innocent young woman being unfairly maligned by a couple of trouble makers! :D

In a related matter, the All-Picture Adventures #2 currently being auctioned on eBay by bakerfan is advertised as having Baker art. The cover certainly isn't Baker, so it must be in one of the issues rebound inside the book.

I asked the seller if he knew, but he never responded. Perhaps he just assumed the book contains Baker, but when questioned, he discovered it really doesn't.

So, since we are left to guess... I'd imagine if it does have any Baker inside, it would probably be Canteen Kate from an issue of Fightin' Marines.

In a related matter, the All-Picture Adventures #2 currently being auctioned on eBay by bakerfan is advertised as having Baker art. The cover certainly isn't Baker, so it must be in one of the issues rebound inside the book.

I asked the seller if he knew, but he never responded. Perhaps he just assumed the book contains Baker, but when questioned, he discovered it really doesn't.

So, since we are left to guess... I'd imagine if it does have any Baker inside, it would probably be Canteen Kate from an issue of Fightin' Marines.

The Art of Glamour checklist lists Baker as possibly having done the title. How on earth you could decide that, I don't know.

Kind of like All-Picture Comedy Carnival. Some copies -- but not all -- contain a remaindered copy of TAR 27. Metro had a raw copy that they advertised as containing Baker art. I asked them to list the stories in their copy -- none had art by Baker. Even after I told them that, they were still listing it as having Baker art. Not sure whether it's still on their site.