• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you.  the guide really sucks when it comes to what covers Baker did...

Even though they don't indicate a Baker cover next to #10's prices, OS 47 does include #10 at the bottom of the Authentic Police Cases listing: “NOTE: Matt Baker c-6-16, 17, 19, 22, 27, 29, 31-38”

However, OS misses the fact that 18, 20, 23, 24 & 28 also have Baker covers...and 36 does not.

2 hours ago, MBFan said:

Even though they don't indicate a Baker cover next to #10's prices, OS 47 does include #10 at the bottom of the Authentic Police Cases listing: “NOTE: Matt Baker c-6-16, 17, 19, 22, 27, 29, 31-38”

However, OS misses the fact that 18, 20, 23, 24 & 28 also have Baker covers...and 36 does not.

Oh, thanks.  I didn't even look at the bottom artist stuff... lol

10 hours ago, MBFan said:
14 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you.  the guide really sucks when it comes to what covers Baker did...

APC 10 is one of my favorites.  Never been able to track down a copy better than VG.

Assigning the cover of APC 36 to Baker is one of the rare clearly wrong attributions in The Art of Glamour book.  

15 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Since the current topic is APC... I finally found a decent copy of #29.  This issue was the first Baker/St. John I ever bought, many years ago.  But that original low grade copy was eventually sold.  I'm happy to have finally replaced it:  

apc29.jpg

Love how Baker "through in" an older lady in the background to show diversity, in case we were getting tired of staring at his ladies.

38 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Since the current topic is APC... I finally found a decent copy of #29.  This issue was the first Baker/St. John I ever bought, many years ago.  But that original low grade copy was eventually sold.  I'm happy to have finally replaced it:  

apc29.jpg

Got me one of them, too.  My first Baker, as I have mentioned a bunch of times before, was the Crippen copy of Teen-Age Temptations 1 bought from the board's own Romance Physician. 

apc29124526_zpsdwbuaqn3.JPG

13 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

He had a whole cast of background characters.  This cover shows off a nice selection of them, too:  

ds23d.jpg

Well, yeah, if you want to pick nits and get all judgmental, I guess you can criticize her. 

10 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Sweet copy.  I'd expect to see it slabbed, though.  (But maybe that's a scan prior to grading...?)  

According to my spreadsheet, I never slabbed it.  I guess it hasn't yet made it to the top of the pile to be sent in. hm