• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,322 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Happy with the grade, not so happy with the Newton rings.

2018-08-16-0001_zps8ikj800p.JPG

Bummer on the rings, but that is a real beauty.  (thumbsu  One of the top Baker covers I'm after these days. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Happy with the grade, not so happy with the Newton rings.

2018-08-16-0001_zps8ikj800p.JPG

Strikingly beautiful book. The Newton rings dilemma with CGC is a real problem. My last small batch of books almost all had them. I will not submit anymore books to be slabbed until they solve this.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Man, I sure hate them rings. One of several reasons I have kept my books in mylars.

+1  

23 minutes ago, RICK STARR said:

Strikingly beautiful book. The Newton rings dilemma with CGC is a real problem. My last small batch of books almost all had them. I will not submit anymore books to be slabbed until they solve this.

+1

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

+1  

+1

You guys should start a petition thread, like a post is a signature to not submit until it's fixed.  Just a thought....  I don't really submit much, but I was thinking of subbing some Cole books I have doubles of, but I'm re-thinking it for now...

3 hours ago, eccomic said:

Definitely a tough one.  Sure wish they'd folded back that little flap on the open edge before encapsulating it!

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Definitely a tough one.  Sure wish they'd folded back that little flap on the open edge before encapsulating it!

Wow, very poor quality control. I'd be pissed and it would be going back for a reholder on them. Just sloppy and irritating. I also hate seeing micro chamber paper hanging off the bottom of a freshly graded slab. This and the problem with Newton Rings mentioned here is very troubling. They seem to be the go to grading company but with the "other" grading company going off to Beckett, they might start losing quite a bit of business.

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, very poor quality control. I'd be pissed and it would be going back for a reholder on them. Just sloppy and irritating. I also hate seeing micro chamber paper hanging off the bottom of a freshly graded slab. This and the problem with Newton Rings mentioned here is very troubling. They seem to be the go to grading company but with the "other" grading company going off to Beckett, they might start losing quite a bit of business.

I've stopped submitting books completely. CGC's product right now is a shadow of its former self. 

7 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, it took awhile but I finally landed one of these at a reasonable price...it was tough to scan...and the book looks much better in hand.  My scanner just can't get reds correct...or graduating shades of blue.:pullhair:

44085765541_9618aac9d4_c.jpg

Actually looks fine on the screen.  Reds seem vivid to me. 

9 hours ago, kat123 said:

Looks like they've ended the auction early.  It would be interesting to know why. hm

7 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Well, it took awhile but I finally landed one of these at a reasonable price...it was tough to scan...and the book looks much better in hand.  My scanner just can't get reds correct...or graduating shades of blue.:pullhair:

44085765541_9618aac9d4_c.jpg

Looks awfull putty to me Brian!

There is even a babe on there some where.:banana:

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Actually looks fine on the screen.  Reds seem vivid to me. 

Maybe it's my monitor, but the actual book has a slightly darker red (more of a burgandy) and the blue blends together from light to dark areas.  But, if it looks OK to you I guess I can't complain.  :cloud9:

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, pmpknface said:

You guys should start a petition thread, like a post is a signature to not submit until it's fixed.  Just a thought....  I don't really submit much, but I was thinking of subbing some Cole books I have doubles of, but I'm re-thinking it for now...

The immortal words of Saturday Night Live's Ernestine the operator (Lily Tomlin) have never rung more true than they do for (ahem) enterprises today...  

"You see, this phone system consists of a multibillion-dollar matrix of space age technology that is so sophisticated - even we can't handle it. But that's your problem, isn't it? So, the next time you complain about your phone service, why don't you try using two Dixie cups with a string? We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company." – Saturday Night Live, September 18, 1976