• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Forum

62 posts in this topic

The only GA I collect is: Millie, Patsy (and all their ilk...Hedy, Miss America, etc), and Harvey Romance.

Challenging to find in decent grade, but affordable when you find them.

Plus I apparently dig chick books. hm

Jon (35) :shy:

Youngster :sumo:

Scrooge (36 as of last week :sorry:)

Yes, but you seem really old. :shy:

Of course that's due to your having the wisdom and maturity of someone well beyond your years. :foryou:

I bought my first GA book at age 23 which was ... hm 5 years ago.

I bought my first GA book at age 23 which was ... hm5 years ago.

Prove it :sumo::baiting:

:blush:

Welcome to the GA Boards!! I'm a relative NOOB as well - 2 years old (actually 40, but 2 in GA years). I was a big Spidey fan in my youth, and picked that up a few years ago, but my first 2 GA books - Superman #6 and MM#7 - changed my whole view of comic collecting. I think GA will do the same to ANY collector, even collector's of other non-comic items (as I am as well). My advice would be similar to others here....read as many posts here as you can, old and new, and ask anything you want, these guys here are AMAZING in terms of educating and helping fellow collectors. And of course, ENJOY!

FISH

Welcome to the GA Boards!! I'm a relative NOOB as well - 2 years old (actually 40, but 2 in GA years). I was a big Spidey fan in my youth, and picked that up a few years ago, but my first 2 GA books - Superman #6 and MM#7 - changed my whole view of comic collecting. I think GA will do the same to ANY collector, even collector's of other non-comic items (as I am as well). My advice would be similar to others here....read as many posts here as you can, old and new, and ask anything you want, these guys here are AMAZING in terms of educating and helping fellow collectors. And of course, ENJOY!

FISH

(thumbs u Thanks !

wow, i am so excited, I think I am going to start collecting Golden Age too :)

It's probably just a fad. (shrug)

I'm sticking to Moderns. :whatev:

I personally prefer the zinc age :insane:

I personally prefer the zinc age :insane:

What book started the zinc age?

I'm with you... Golden Age...Feh!! ;):angel:

(only a board filled with MEN, would have half of them announcing their age, and the other half lying about their age...women, would just plain ignore it;)

Man, I feel old. Just turned 55 last month and I thought most of you were near my age. Bang Zoom has to be up there, I would assume, but the rest of you are just kids.

Don't be upset I said that. Like the song says. You're going to miss these days. Don't blink.

P.S. My darling and I just got done watching "The Bucket list" with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. It was a decent movie. Makes you want to make a list NOW and start doing them, before you get close to the end.

So, to take care of number 4 on the list I just made. Does anyone have a Batman #1 I can buy on the "payment plan" :)

I'm 47, looks like about 2nd oldest so far. Thought I would be one of the younger guys on this thread. I collect mostly Silver Age but have picked up a couple short boxes of Gold over the years. I have a fascination for the WW2 covers by Rayboy and Schomburg. Thats the beauty of the Golden Age, so much great stuff to collect.

I would suggest that you keep your eyes on the for sale threads on this board. Lot of nice stuff has been up for sale lately.

One thing you really need to get in your head before you dive into GA is that you just can't rely on the books you want being available when you want them. It takes a lot of patience, and you need to realize that you may go a few months between purchases.

Probably the best advice in this thread. Patience is the key to collecting Golden Age....Patience AND being in it for the long haul. I also went several months recently without a GA purchase, and then all of a sudden, the flood gates open and a ton of cool things become available.

BTW, I turn 35 this year......I'm officially Middle-Age. :cry:

If ya'll don't see me post any new purchases around here, its because I'm driving around in a new 350Z trying to stave off a Crisis or something.... :headbang: