• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Lowest Price Recorded for a Whiz Comics #1 (or 2, whatever!)

106 posts in this topic

I've got the bug...

After picking up a couple of Fawcett keys this week (I love typing this), I'm thinking of doing a Whiz Comics 1 - 10 run.

Luckily for me, I LOVE low grade books, especially when the price really is really too good to pass up.

The books are all pretty much available on Clink even right now, so I think I'm going to concentrate on the 1 for now.

What's the lowest price you've seen one go for? Does anyone have a really low grade copy for sale that you know of?

I put together a whiz 1-25 run...I loved it!

the cheapest unrestored whiz 1 in the market that I have seen was the 1.8 crowley copy on ebay for $5999 (the seller now has it at 6999).... Marnin of collectorsassemble has a nice 2.0 for $7120...

even restored copies tend to sell in the $7000+ range

good luck

I put together a whiz 1-25 run...I loved it!

the cheapest unrestored whiz 1 in the market that I have seen was the 1.8 crowley copy on ebay for $5999 (the seller now has it at 6999).... Marnin of collectorsassemble has a nice 2.0 for $7120...

even restored copies tend to sell in the $7000+ range

good luck

Oh boy...that much even for a low grade restored copy. Still WAY out of my budget.

Maybe the Alan Light reprint will be filling the hole afterall...or a nice, trimmed Famous First Edition :insane:

I suppose if I'm patient enough, fair - G/VGs of 2 - 10 should be relatively palatable...

A coverless Whiz # 2 (1) was eBayed by redmelvin27 for about $353. Think it had browning edges.

Now THAT would be more my (low grade) bag.

I searched his completed auction listings and didn't see it though...

1.8 crowley copy on ebay for $5999 (the seller now has it at 6999)2.0

Who is selling the crowley copy now?

marc anthony was selling it....2 weeks ago it was on ebay at 5999 BIN...no takers, it went up on his ebay store at 6999...but I dont see it listed any more, so maybe someone bought (shrug)

I think you could get a lower grade restored whiz 1 in the $5K range...I sold my 7.0 ext for $7500 last year... I think ciorac recently bought a copy at a decent price...

A coverless Whiz # 2 (1) was eBayed by redmelvin27 for about $353. Think it had browning edges.

Perhaps the Dentist was using his other i.d. of thebigloo to eBay lower end collecibles? Not sure, as redmelvin27 now eBaying some deluxe Mile High slabs :o in time for Father's Day.

Perhaps the Dentist was using his other i.d. of thebigloo to eBay lower end collecibles? Not sure, as redmelvin27 now eBaying some deluxe Mile High slabs :o in time for Father's Day.

not a single book I want :(

I'm going to predict that the next one sold might set a new record low (at least until the one after that). :baiting:

Explain :baiting:

I love Whiz 1, I won't let any copy go "too" cheap lol