• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Thanks for the info. I feel stupid for asking this, but what is WTTB?

No problem.

Don't know if you know about it but there is a website gpanalysis.com that will show you most of the salesmof all CGC graded books in each grade for the last 9years. It's $10 a month but if you are going to be buying big ticket books like that, it pays for itself with 1 purchase. OSPG is pretty much worthless for books like that so I'd definitely suggest GPA if you're going to be buying 5k books (thumbs u

I recently purchased a 2.5 AF15 with white pages. Paid $4500 which is $750 over Overstreet. Recent sale of a 9.6 @ 1.1 million makes me feel better about it. Should white pages command a premium? Did I pay too much? I collected as a teenager. Picked it back up in 2009 at 42. Still learning.

WPs.... :cloud9:

Damn right on an AF15 because of the cheaper paper stock used to manufacture the book. Dying issue, on a tight budget, etc...you've heard the rap before. :blahblah:

I believe there are 6 copies with WPs: 3 LGers and 3 HGers (1 HG is Restored)

LG = Low Grade & HG = High Grade

I recently purchased a 2.5 AF15 with white pages. Paid $4500 which is $750 over Overstreet. Recent sale of a 9.6 @ 1.1 million makes me feel better about it. Should white pages command a premium? Did I pay too much? I collected as a teenager. Picked it back up in 2009 at 42. Still learning.

WPs.... :cloud9:

Damn right on an AF15 because of the cheaper paper stock used to manufacture the book. Dying issue, on a tight budget, etc...you've heard the rap before. :blahblah:

I believe there are 6 copies with WPs: 3 LGers and 3 HGers (1 HG is Restored)

LG = Low Grade & HG = High Grade

lol Definitely AF15's are rare in WP's, wow only six. I wonder which SA DC key has only two white pager. hm and Brave and the Bold 28 is quite rare in white pager too.

Comic Link CGC 5.5 off white with marvel chipping sold for $9,500.

Comic Connect sold a raw 5.5 for $8,700 looks like this comic is starting to

fall fast.

If you are thinking about that alleged $18K sale of a 5.0 last week, then sure, but otherwise those prices seem perfectly in-line to me.

Copies with chipping may have a thinner bidding pool and a raw copy will generally not perform as well as a slabbed copy.

I've noticed some upward pressure on some higher graded copies.

I heard of a spectacular deal that is possibly in the works for a high"er" grade copy (way above any previous sales) and I've had lots of interest in my CGC 7.0 over the past week.

Time will tell.

fall fast.

If you are thinking about that alleged $18K sale of a 5.0 last week, then sure, but otherwise those prices seem perfectly in-line to me.

Anyone know the story on that 18k sale?

I saw that on GPA over the weekend and definitely raised BOTH eyebrows! Where did it supposedly sell?

fall fast.

Anyone know the story on that 18k sale?

I saw that on GPA over the weekend and definitely raised BOTH eyebrows! Where did it supposedly sell?

It sold on Ebay...could just be one of those that sold way above FMV.

Copies with chipping may have a thinner bidding pool and a raw copy will generally not perform as well as a slabbed copy.

I heard of a spectacular deal that is possibly in the works for a high"er" grade copy (way above any previous sales) and I've had lots of interest in my CGC 7.0 over the past week.

Time will tell.

Looks like the stigma on copies with extra chips are a bit more soft. Copies that present well are holding up on it's own. I do notice copies in 6.0+ with nice appeal are much harder to pry loose at bargain prices.

Time will tell.

Looks like the stigma on copies with extra chips are a bit more soft. Copies that present well are holding up on it's own. I do notice copies in 6.0+ with nice appeal are much harder to pry loose at bargain prices.

Some people do not mind chipping at all (I don't) and some people do.

Well presenting copies have always fetched strong money. That was the reason I bought Rick's CGC 6.5 copy last year. It subsequently was traded for the CGC 7.0 that I have now.

I've noticed the trend that most March 2011 recorded sales (restored and unrestored) are all selling over previous averages except for the CGC 0.5 sale. These are all sales that have taken place after the $1.1MIL sale.