• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Oh great, this will really cause the "flippers" to totally lose their collective minds! :screwy:

It's actually the buyers that set the sales prices, not the sellers.

(shrug)

And NOW the crazy SELLERS will be jacking up the prices across the board! And books will sit and sit and sit. Not too sure this was a good thing for the hobby actually. 2c

Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with it. If the books don't sell they'll just come back down in price.

It's just a normal economic cycle.

(thumbs u

Buying this book is not speculation most likely. I think it was the price that had to be paid to get it out of his hands and he wanted it. He did not buy thinking he could sell it for 1.5 mill today, although he may be able to.

Eric Roberts made a bunch of money but his return on the second best book in the hobby to date over eight years was only 600% at 19.5% a year. If I owned the best stock of the 90s (EMC), I would have made 10,000% and gotten 1.1 mill off of only 10,000 dollars instead of 140000. So the number is big but the gain is very reasonable.

I bet 1.1 million now and 3+ million in the next 5-10 years. :insane:

I would hope so. That is only 10.54% a year for the "second" best book in the business. I bet there is someone out there that would double his money in a year.

If that's 10.54% guaranteed compound...still a decent return. The top heavy weight books...just keep getting more expensive.

:frustrated:

I was gearing up a huge sale to buy one of these in the 4.0-5.0 range but this will push it out of my price range. This blows.

That 9.6 was worth every penny, especially if you have a lot of pennies. (thumbs u

:frustrated:

I was gearing up a huge sale to buy one of these in the 4.0-5.0 range but this will push it out of my price range. This blows. (thumbs u

Have we seen recent sales to support this concern? Metro has a few reasonably priced copies (and a newly posted 8.5) and I haven't seen any sell or change in price since this big sale.

It shouldn't have a price impact in the long term on low to mid-grade books as there is so much supply.

The 9.6 is a one-off book and is the best. If a second was to suddenly appear the price impact would be negative - $700k?

I could anticipate a short term spike in low to medium grades as excited buyers over bid but there are enough books for this to subside.

If a piece of art few people even recognize can fetch 30 mil +

Why is it a shocker that the best existing copies of Spidey, Batman, Superman,

fetch a single mil ?

I mean really, put this in prospective. To me, they are STILL drastically undervalued. These characters are here to stay and are a key historic piece of original Americana. And a person can own the highest known ORIGINAL COPY for 1 mil ? .... Again ... this seems very reasonable. cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazing-Fantasy-15-CGC-5-0-VGF-Universal-/250782865218?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a63d2d742

ebay's method of marking items sold is not very clear. Obviously this af15 cgc 5.0 did not sell for $18k. This in turns gets marked in the gpa analysis as a sold book

How much did it actually sale for? I was wondering about that sale. Why would someone paid this much for this copy since there is a nice 5.5 for about 30% less.

It shouldn't have a price impact in the long term on low to mid-grade books as there is so much supply.

The 9.6 is a one-off book and is the best. If a second was to suddenly appear the price impact would be negative - $700k?

I could anticipate a short term spike in low to medium grades as excited buyers over bid but there are enough books for this to subside.

For long-term collectors, I think we'd still view a $700k sale as a positive sale considering there was question as to how far past $500k the 9.6 would garner, "Will it crack $700k? Will it sell low and only go a little over $500k?" Obviously, for most it would appear a set back, dropping back 1/2 a million, but I think most recognize this sale as much higher than initially expected. I think it could cause a bit of a swing in the prices, but nothing terribly drastic... 10-20% premium or so would be my guess.

For long-term collectors, I think we'd still view a $700k sale as a positive sale considering there was question as to how far past $500k the 9.6 would garner, "Will it crack $700k? Will it sell low and only go a little over $500k?" Obviously, for most it would appear a set back, dropping back 1/2 a million, but I think most recognize this sale as much higher than initially expected. I think it could cause a bit of a swing in the prices, but nothing terribly drastic... 10-20% premium or so would be my guess.

I personally think AF15 searchers want the book MORE, and with the recent sale reported, may pay somewhat more to get it. Just my gut telling me that.

I think an 8.0 for 100k is just around the corner. :banana:(shrug):preach:

Here's a newbie on C-Link for 50k:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dfantasy%2B15%26ItemType%3DCB&id=882872

That's a real clean copy. I'm not a fan of the miswrap but will it sell at that price. I think we will know more in the next two months. I'm sure there will be a jump on the mid grades but will there be a big jump.

That 6.5 is inflated at $50K.

I think the new bar for nice eye appeal in thousands.

7.5 $50-55

7.0 $35-40

6.5 $25-30

6.0 $17-21

5.5 $13-15

Let me add...conservative estimation.

I agree on these prices for the most part. But, as an earlier poster just showed how someone wants $50k for a 6.5. Oh, and I like your 6! (thumbs u

That 6.5 is inflated at $50K.

I think the new bar for nice eye appeal in thousands.

7.5 $50-55

7.0 $35-40

6.5 $25-30

6.0 $17-21

5.5 $13-15

Let me add...conservative estimation.

I agree on these prices for the most part. But, as an earlier poster just showed how someone wants $50k for a 6.5. Oh, and I like your 6! (thumbs u

Thanks. Let's see how AF15 prices play out....time will tell.