• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Ok guys, my digital camera is garbage so I apologize for the quality but I did promise to post a pic of my AF 15 since having it signed...

BEFORE:

AF15-Front.jpg

AND AFTER!

SS GD- (1.8)

DSCN6845.jpg

DSCN6834.jpg

:headbang: Do you have all the Marvel Keys?

sharp colors and no marvel chipping :headbang:

Yeah, when I first bought this back in NOV 08, I was really excited when I first saw the scans and noticed it didn't have the typical marvel chipping of lower grade copies. Spine is the main reason it came in below 2.0.

We'll see what happens with an FF1. . . definitely not holding my breath lol

What amazes me about AF #15 is that no matter what the grade is that red in the center of the book always pops out at you.

Ok guys, my digital camera is garbage so I apologize for the quality but I did promise to post a pic of my AF 15 since having it signed...

BEFORE:

AF15-Front.jpg

AND AFTER!

SS GD- (1.8)

DSCN6845.jpg

DSCN6834.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for sharing it. (thumbs u

What amazes me about AF #15 is that no matter what the grade is that red in the center of the book always pops out at you.

:headbang:

So true.

What a great cover. It's like Kirby new this was going to be BIG.

So true.

IMO it's the only great Spider-man cover Kirby has ever done.

So true.

Um... which Avengers Annual has Spidey on the cover? That one actually looked pretty good too. But as much as I like Kirby's work, that man butchered Spidey FAR more often than he scored.

So true.

Um... which Avengers Annual has Spidey on the cover? That one actually looked pretty good too. But as much as I like Kirby's work, that man butchered Spidey FAR more often than he scored.

That Annual is just a reprint of the cover to Avengers #11.

Kirby is a genius but I find it amazing how incapable he was of capturing Spidey. If anything, I think that is part of Spidey's allure...that he has a certain magic that only certain artists can capture and draw out of him into the story.

That 6.5 is inflated at $50K.

I think the new bar for nice eye appeal in thousands.

7.5 $50-55

7.0 $35-40

6.5 $25-30

6.0 $17-21

5.5 $13-15

Let me add...conservative estimation.

If those estimates turn out to be correct, I will be a HAPPY man! :banana:

I'm VERY interested to see what happens in the next few auctions hm

7.5 $50-55

7.0 $35-40

6.5 $25-30

6.0 $17-21

5.5 $13-15

No doubt...nice eye appeal copies will do very well. You've got a monster copy and one savvy buy. (thumbs u

You left out the 5.0 grade. The last AF 15 5.0 sold on Ebay for $18,000 and is listed on GPA. That is a big jump over the $9000. 12 month average. A whopping 100% increase. What do people think? I myself am very pleased! :applause:

7.5 $50-55

7.0 $35-40

6.5 $25-30

6.0 $17-21

5.5 $13-15

No doubt...nice eye appeal copies will do very well. You've got a monster copy and one savvy buy. (thumbs u

It was a sample of grades and prices. Nice eye appeal sub 5.5 will do very well too. If the 5.0 for $18K is an actual sale, it's definitely an anomaly. Very pleasing for 5.0+ holders. :headbang:

You left out the 5.0 grade. The last AF 15 5.0 sold on Ebay for $18,000 and is listed on GPA. That is a big jump over the $9000. 12 month average. A whopping 100% increase. What do people think? I myself am very pleased! :applause:

7.5 $50-55

7.0 $35-40

6.5 $25-30

6.0 $17-21

5.5 $13-15

So true.

That Annual is just a reprint of the cover to Avengers #11.

Kirby is a genius but I find it amazing how incapable he was of capturing Spidey. If anything, I think that is part of Spidey's allure...that he has a certain magic that only certain artists can capture and draw out of him into the story.

Ok, I thought it was AV 11, but I wasn't sure. And I completely agree--there really are only certain artists who can tackle Spidey properly. It's one of the reasons I was surprised with Bagley. His ASM run was... eh, it best for me. Absolutely nothing special... but when he switched over to USM, he OWNED that character (to the point any of the following artists have only been second best).

I think that's one of the instances where I do feel a little less than sympathetic with the Kirby estate in its ongoing lawsuit with Marvel, as I hear them laying claim to the Spider-Man character. When you look at Jack's original offerings, and compare them to Steve Ditko's... and then the fact he could rarely get the character right, it seems pretty obvious in that instance.

But the one time he did need to draw Spidey, he knocked it out of the ballpark with the AF 15 cover, so nothing to really feel bad about altogether. :)