• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

This really makes me wonder how much my little ol' SS 1.8 copy is worth now and will be worth when my son inherits it from me? hm

(Cause you KNOW that book left my hands only one time--to get signed by Stan--and no more!)

I love it--I've been saying for years. There is simply no one else that has penetrated social culture like Spider-Man over the past 50 years and he is easily right up there with Superman and Batman. Now GRANTED, this was a 9.6 copy and we did not see 9.6 copies of Tec 27 or Action 1 sell--so I'm not getting too far ahead of myself here, but it is the only other book besides those two to crack the $1 million dollar club (and IS presently in 2nd place). And that says a LOT.

:whee:

This really makes me wonder how much my little ol' SS 1.8 copy is worth now and will be worth when my son inherits it from me? hm

(Cause you KNOW that book left my hands only one time--to get signed by Stan--and no more!)

I love it--I've been saying for years. There is simply no one else that has penetrated social culture like Spider-Man over the past 50 years and he is easily right up there with Superman and Batman. Now GRANTED, this was a 9.6 copy and we did not see 9.6 copies of Tec 27 or Action 1 sell--so I'm not getting too far ahead of myself here, but it is the only other book besides those two to crack the $1 million dollar club (and IS presently in 2nd place). And that says a LOT.

Spidey's stock just went up across the board. Collectors will want AF15s MORE after the reported 9.6 sale. 2c

Spidey's stock just went up across the board. Collectors will want AF15s MORE after the reported 9.6 sale. 2c

Feels good to be a share holder. ;)

Oh great, this will really cause the "flippers" to totally lose their collective minds! :screwy:

It's actually the buyers that set the sales prices, not the sellers.

(shrug)

Oh great, this will really cause the "flippers" to totally lose their collective minds! :screwy:

(shrug)

And NOW the crazy SELLERS will be jacking up the prices across the board! And books will sit and sit and sit. Not too sure this was a good thing for the hobby actually. 2c

(shrug)

And NOW the crazy SELLERS will be jacking up the prices across the board! And books will sit and sit and sit. Not too sure this was a good thing for the hobby actually. 2c

Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with it. If the books don't sell they'll just come back down in price.

It's just a normal economic cycle.

Buying this book is not speculation most likely. I think it was the price that had to be paid to get it out of his hands and he wanted it. He did not buy thinking he could sell it for 1.5 mill today, although he may be able to.

Eric Roberts made a bunch of money but his return on the second best book in the hobby to date over eight years was only 600% at 19.5% a year. If I owned the best stock of the 90s (EMC), I would have made 10,000% and gotten 1.1 mill off of only 10,000 dollars instead of 140000. So the number is big but the gain is very reasonable.

(shrug)

I priced mine fairly reasonable...

110126.jpg.ce3d93545cf9cb961de7c08676e29edf.jpg

(shrug)

I priced mine fairly reasonable...

:headbang:

Buying this book is not speculation most likely. I think it was the price that had to be paid to get it out of his hands and he wanted it. He did not buy thinking he could sell it for 1.5 mill today, although he may be able to.

Eric Roberts made a bunch of money but his return on the second best book in the hobby to date over eight years was only 600% at 19.5% a year. If I owned the best stock of the 90s (EMC), I would have made 10,000% and gotten 1.1 mill off of only 10,000 dollars instead of 140000. So the number is big but the gain is very reasonable.

I bet 1.1 million now and 3+ million in the next 5-10 years. :insane:

I bet 1.1 million now and 3+ million in the next 5-10 years. :insane:

I would hope so. That is only 10.54% a year for the "second" best book in the business. I bet there is someone out there that would double his money in a year.