• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

If mine could only be worth half as yours.

I think your 7.5 copy is worth about half as mine or close :).. If a 7.0 sold for $53k, there's a good chance a 7.5 could sell for $75k.

Three 7.5s sold within the last month all in the mid-40s with one going for the low 50s. Some of these estimates are really high based upon that one anomalous 7.0 sale. ???

The Heritage copy in 7.5 CRM/OW pages sold for $43K, 7.5 OW sold for $50K, and the Comiclink 7.5 OW/W sold for $57K. I'm with Gator that my 7.5 W has a FMV of $65K. The two 7.5 Heritage sold a bit soft and was a great buy.

I think your 7.5 copy is worth about half as mine or close :).. If a 7.0 sold for $53k, there's a good chance a 7.5 could sell for $75k.

Three 7.5s sold within the last month all in the mid-40s with one going for the low 50s. Some of these estimates are really high based upon that one anomalous 7.0 sale. ???

The Heritage copy in 7.5 CRM/OW pages sold for $43K, 7.5 OW sold for $50K, and the Comiclink 7.5 OW/W sold for $57K. I'm with Gator that my 7.5 W has a FMV of $65K. The two 7.5 Heritage sold a bit soft and was a great buy.

Honestly, I've seen the guts of your AF15 and on a very good day, it could push 75k with heavy duty marketing IMO. (thumbs u

I loved that book so much it's still my avatar. Pure white cover to cover, no toning whatsoever :cloud9:

Honestly, I've seen the guts of your AF15 and on a very good day, it could push 75k with heavy duty marketing IMO. (thumbs u

I loved that book so much it's still my avatar. Pure white cover to cover, no toning whatsoever :cloud9:

Thanks. :foryou: You've seen the book naked and you can fully confirm it. The cover is very fresh as you mention and I'm glad I stepped up to the plate last year and became the ultimate buyer.

The two 7.5 Heritage sold a bit soft and was a great buy.

They both sold for around what 7.5 copies of AF15 have sold for over the last four years. What makes those soft prices?

I didn't see the cover of the 7.0 that sold for $53K--does anyone have a link to the scan? Roulette told me he doesn't think it's pressable for higher, and if it isn't, that's a tough sale to figure when two 7.5 copies sold for less within a few weeks of the sale. I haven't seen strong evidence that 7.0s are ready to surpass the $50K mark since they usually sell in the upper $30K to lower $40K range. Basing market value upon a single high sale when there are multiple occurrences of much lower sales is overly optimistic.

They both sold for around what 7.5 copies of AF15 have sold for over the last four years. What makes those soft prices?

I didn't see the cover of the 7.0 that sold for $53K--does anyone have a link to the scan? Roulette told me he doesn't think it's pressable for higher, and if it isn't, that's a tough sale to figure when two 7.5 copies sold for less within a few weeks of the sale. I haven't seen strong evidence that 7.0s are ready to surpass the $50K mark since they usually sell in the upper $30K to lower $40K range. Basing market value upon a single high sale when there are multiple occurrences of much lower sales is overly optimistic.

The book had multiple pressable defects. Cgc takes into account those defects when they grade. We have all seen mc 7.5 and even 8.0 on sa books. So it is probable the book could have those defects pressed out and result in a higher grade. That is less subject to opinion and more subject to logistics

The book had multiple pressable defects. Cgc takes into account those defects when they grade. We have all seen mc 7.5 and even 8.0 on sa books. So it is probable the book could have those defects pressed out and result in a higher grade. That is less subject to opinion and more subject to logistics

Anyone have a scan? I just looked at the ComicConnect sales history and it isn't in there yet. Roulette said it had chipping on the right edge and probably wouldn't grade higher, but I know CGC does forgive minor chipping quite a lot, so perhaps it was more subtle than he's thinking.

What I did see is the 9.6 copy they sold for $1.1 million--that's clearly Eric Roberts' old copy. Wonder why he sold it? hm

There is no doubt the cc copy had more than just minor chipping but it was not as bad as that 7.5 copy , heck we have all scratched our heads on grades before.

I didn't save a scan but absolutely "if" it was given a 7.0 grade due to the additional pressable defects it "could" grade .5 higher. We have all seen it hundreds if not thousands of times (thumbs u

I didn't save a scan but absolutely "if" it was given a 7.0 grade due to the additional pressable defects it "could" grade .5 higher. We have all seen it hundreds if not thousands of times (thumbs u

That's a thin margin if they bought it hoping for a 7.5. If it was a flipper, they'd have to think it has 8.0 potential.

As for why Eric sold , it was the right offer. And aren't there 3 cgc 9.6s now (shrug) so great timing too. Book would unlikely fetch 7 figs now with 3 top census copies (shrug)

Is he divesting? He'd probably get great offers for his Action 1 and Detective 27 if he were selling. Or that insane 9.6 copy of Detective 31. (worship)

As for why Eric sold , it was the right offer. And aren't there 3 cgc 9.6s now (shrug) so great timing too. Book would unlikely fetch 7 figs now with 3 top census copies (shrug)

Is he divesting? He'd probably get great offers for his Action 1 and Detective 27 if he were selling. Or that insane 9.6 copy of Detective 31. (worship)

he told me his action 1 is not for sale. Even at 7fig offer :o

So I don't think he divesting fully

He has sold many under copies lately. You mention 9.6 tec 31. I think you mean the 9.6 Allentown tec 29 (there is no 31 graded near that high righ now). I was able to buy his 7.0 under copy not to long ago

Smart move on af15 if you ask me. With three copies on market now the price is likely diluted

That's a thin margin if they bought it hoping for a 7.5. If it was a flipper, they'd have to think it has 8.0 potential.

Maybe we will find out (shrug)

My 7.5 was sold on Heritage for $53K in 2009 and later bought by peewee during the AF15 downward trend for $45K. Great buy buy peewee and bought by me about a year ago for $54K, As I recalled, the CC 7.0 copy had an awesome spine, but the chips and some pre marvel chips were evident. Without the chips, the book would have been a 8.0+ book. Still a well presenting 7.0.

My 7.5 was sold on Heritage for $53K in 2009 and later bought by peewee during the AF15 downward trend for $45K. Great buy buy peewee and bought by me about a year ago for $54K, As I recalled, the CC 7.0 copy had an awesome spine, but the chips and some pre marvel chips were evident. Without the chips, the book would have been a 8.0+ book. Still a well presenting 7.0.

I wasn't able to detect the down trend you're referring to when peewee bought your 7.5 for $45K. That $52K sale was by far the highest a 7.5 had gone for, so it didn't surprise me that it resold for less--I expected it to resell for less, which is why I didn't bid peewee up. What makes you refer to that period as a downward trend? The book has been more flat than anything the last 3-4 years and the biggest upward trend the last few years has been at the sub-7.0 level. The sales over the last month do indicate a modest upward trend at the 7.x level, but that $53K sale isn't a good indicator until we see whether or not it hits the market again within the next few months.

I wasn't able to detect the down trend you're referring to when peewee bought your 7.5 for $45K. That $52K sale was by far the highest a 7.5 had gone for, so it didn't surprise me that it resold for less--I expected it to resell for less, which is why I didn't bid peewee up. What makes you refer to that period as a downward trend? The book has been more flat than anything the last 3-4 years and the biggest upward trend the last few years has been at the sub-7.0 level. The sales over the last month do indicate a modest upward trend at the 7.x level, but that $53K sale isn't a good indicator until we see whether or not it hits the market again within the next few months.

2009-2010 I was able to buy more than a dozen af15s in 3.0-6.5 for 20-30% less than most of the same copies had sold for 2007-2009. That is the downward trend that was clear and evident .. 2011 the market started a strong upward price trend and it has not leveled out yet that I have noticed (shrug)

2009-2010 I was able to buy more than a dozen af15s in 3.0-6.5 for 20-30% less than most of the same copies had sold for 2007-2009. That is the downward trend that was clear and evident .. 2011 the market started a strong upward price trend and it has not leveled out yet that I have noticed (shrug)

Were those buys offline? I don't see those 2007-2009 versus 2009-2010 trends on the sales that GPA captured.

Were those buys offline? I don't see those 2007-2009 versus 2009-2010 trends on the sales that GPA captured.

heritage, ebay, Comiclink , conventions, and right here on the boards. All the prices I saw were softer during that 12-18 month period. Probably 6-10 copies sold right here on the boards for lower. Gpa is such a small samplin of sales one certainly can and should use it as a piece of the puzzle but by no means can you rely on it for the big picture!