• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I would like to join the club, but dam the prices are just becoming insane.

Ten years ago when I was 22 and graduated college I knew I should have taken my 4k sales bonus at work and bought an AF 15 CGC 4.0. :cry:

What are people's opinions on will this book in all mid to lower grades settle back down a bit once the summer movie hype is over.

Usually the market on comics is fairly easy to see a bubble in the making, but I am getting to the point this book is aka bubble enforced and is showing no sign of bursting

as long as comic books are collectible.

Your thoughts?

I think prices on AF 15's have been just a tad down compared to during the movie hype. I really do not expect it to go noticeably low where a 3.0 would cost just $5200 instead of $6k. I think every year the book has seen steady growth. I remember the C-link Cgc 7.0 copy with white pages selling for around $28k about 2-3 years ago!?! Now owned by a boardie but boy if only I had the money I would've bid on it. So yeah that's my opinion.

I remember that 7.0...I owned it ! doh!

I would like to join the club, but dam the prices are just becoming insane.

Ten years ago when I was 22 and graduated college I knew I should have taken my 4k sales bonus at work and bought an AF 15 CGC 4.0. :cry:

What are people's opinions on will this book in all mid to lower grades settle back down a bit once the summer movie hype is over.

Usually the market on comics is fairly easy to see a bubble in the making, but I am getting to the point this book is aka bubble enforced and is showing no sign of bursting

as long as comic books are collectible.

Your thoughts?

I think prices on AF 15's have been just a tad down compared to during the movie hype. I really do not expect it to go noticeably low where a 3.0 would cost just $5200 instead of $6k. I think every year the book has seen steady growth. I remember the C-link Cgc 7.0 copy with white pages selling for around $28k about 2-3 years ago!?! Now owned by a boardie but boy if only I had the money I would've bid on it. So yeah that's my opinion.

I remember that 7.0...I owned it ! doh!

Wow, you own a 6.0 WP, 7.0 WP and a 7.5 WP before. :o

Good night! Three 7.0s for sale now on the Boards. :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: (owned by Foolkiller; roulette44; and MrBedrock)

If anyone has 151,000 that won't hurt 'em to spend, it might be a good idea to scoop them up and wait 10-20 years. :gossip:

Good night! Three 7.0s for sale now on the Boards. :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: (owned by Foolkiller; roulette44; and MrBedrock)

If anyone has 151,000 that won't hurt 'em to spend, it might be a good idea to scoop them up and wait 10-20 years. :gossip:

In the light of the record breaking 7.0 53K price. :o

In the light of the record breaking 7.0 53K price. :o

Very good point.

Those 3 copies = my copy lol
Another cgc 8.5 recently sold (in the last couple of weeks) in the 120's and since I think unimprovable 7.0s are currently valued in the low To mid 40s (you don't hit mid 50's till you lose the "fn" from the grade IMO) I would actually agree with this (thumbs u

How much does restoration affect the price on this book?

There's an M/A 7.0 on eBay for $8,900. What would be FMV for S/P 4.0 - 6.0 for example?

I am keen to pick up a copy in the near future and have no problem with S/P, or even M/P, if the price is right - just not sure what the right price is (shrug)

Another cgc 8.5 recently sold (in the last couple of weeks) in the 120's and since I think unimprovable 7.0s are currently valued in the low To mid 40s (you don't hit mid 50's till you lose the "fn" from the grade IMO) I would actually agree with this (thumbs u

I agree, until there is further trends of 7.0's hitting 50K. In the long term, I believe so.

I agree, until there is further trends of 7.0's hitting 50K. In the long term, I believe so.

to really understand the current market pricing dynamics on books like these, folks just have to learn to differentiate between books that, while they might have the same cgc grade, have already been improved and/or "are what they are and can't be better", or if they are thought to be improvable (ie can be manipulated into higher cgc grades)....

to really understand the current market pricing dynamics on books like these, folks just have to learn to differentiate between books that, while they might have the same cgc grade, have already been improved and/or "are what they are and can't be better", or if they are thought to be improvable (ie can be manipulated into higher cgc grades)....

Definitely so many variables....and if I may add: chips, no chips, mis-wrapped, well centered, nice PQ, average PQ, poor PQ, nice gloss, faded, rich in colors.

How much does restoration affect the price on this book?

There's an M/A 7.0 on eBay for $8,900. What would be FMV for S/P 4.0 - 6.0 for example?

I am keen to pick up a copy in the near future and have no problem with S/P, or even M/P, if the price is right - just not sure what the right price is (shrug)

GPA lists an SP 5.0 that went for $6,933 this month.

What's an 8.0 go for GAtor?

Sold mine early last year for 80k so current fmv 90-100?

Sold mine early last year for 80k so current fmv 90-100?

I think that's a fair estimate. (thumbs u