• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

6.0 on clink seemed a tad low comapred to the last 6.0 sales in the past few months.

Heritage 5.0 ended a little low also on Sunday, both had C/OW pages though so maybe that played a factor. The 5.0 had some chipping, this 6.0 didn't. Maybe finally coming back down a bit.

6.0 on clink seemed a tad low comapred to the last 6.0 sales in the past few months.

Heritage 5.0 ended a little low also on Sunday, both had C/OW pages though so maybe that played a factor. The 5.0 had some chipping, this 6.0 didn't. Maybe finally coming back down a bit.

The last few copies in the off white to white pages keep hitting around $21k-$22k. I had already announced that I knew I slightly overpaid on my 6.0 due to the page quality and lack of chipping since I did not see any other copies like that up for grabs in the immediate future.

The Comiclink copy had a few things keeping it from hitting $20k

1 - Whoever the buyers were of the Sparklecity 6.0 (May-June?), the last Comiclink Copy (June) and the Heritage Copy all bought theirs. That means that there was less competition for this copy.

2 - The Sparklecity, previous Comiclink and Heritage copies were all OW-White pages with no chipping. Even though this copy did not have Marvel chipping, perhaps page quality does matter.

3 - Filter's copy went for around $19k on eBay with the same page quality and a couple of chips. So perhaps the hammer price on this was a steal by about $1000 to $1500.

There were quite a few soft prices on ASM tonight, many high but a few good deals. The PQ hurt the 6.0 I'm sure.

There were a couple of books I thought about bidding on. But after Heritage, I need to build up my war chest and put money back in the bank. I would assume that there were a few people on my boat. The great thing for buyers in this auction was that there were too many high profile auctions in the last two months. That might have been a bad thing for sellers.

The next purchase I plan on making outside of monthly current books is probably to upgrade my ASM 19, 23, 50 or a nice Golden Age Action, Batman, Detective or Superman at NYCC. Either way, I am tapping out on all back issues until NYCC.

The next purchase I plan on making outside of monthly current books is probably to upgrade my ASM 19, 23, 50 or a nice Golden Age Action, Batman, Detective or Superman at NYCC. Either way, I am tapping out on all back issues until NYCC.

I can help with the #23, I bought another one and sold my #50, missing out on the gorgeous upgrade book.

I can help with the #23, I bought another one and sold my #50, missing out on the gorgeous upgrade book.

Thank you Satan and your temptation. lol I have stay to my obligation to my wallet and replace half the money I used on the AF15 first. I am afraid to even see what you have to offer as you have sold books at some of the best deals I have ever seen.

I still regret not picking up that ASM 2 you let go a couple a months back.

I don't post in Silver a lot... but you can add me to the Club!

RADFEA6E2012611_12523.jpg

Page quality might be a turnoff to some, but I am happy with what looks like no chipping.

:banana:

I said it in Comics General and I will repeat it here. I think you got that at a VERY good price.

I don't post in Silver a lot... but you can add me to the Club!

RADFEA6E2012611_12523.jpg

Page quality might be a turnoff to some, but I am happy with what looks like no chipping.

:banana:

I said it in Comics General and I will repeat it here. I think you got that at a VERY good price.

Thanks! I was also really happy with the price. I hadn't even considered bidding on it until the last half hour. Then I put in what I assumed would be the underbid or second underbid, but somehow it stood up.

I would like to join the club, but dam the prices are just becoming insane.

Ten years ago when I was 22 and graduated college I knew I should have taken my 4k sales bonus at work and bought an AF 15 CGC 4.0. :cry:

What are people's opinions on will this book in all mid to lower grades settle back down a bit once the summer movie hype is over.

Usually the market on comics is fairly easy to see a bubble in the making, but I am getting to the point this book is aka bubble enforced and is showing no sign of bursting

as long as comic books are collectible.

Your thoughts?

Ten years ago when I was 22 and graduated college I knew I should have taken my 4k sales bonus at work and bought an AF 15 CGC 4.0. :cry:

What are people's opinions on will this book in all mid to lower grades settle back down a bit once the summer movie hype is over.

Usually the market on comics is fairly easy to see a bubble in the making, but I am getting to the point this book is aka bubble enforced and is showing no sign of bursting

Your thoughts?

I think prices on AF 15's have been just a tad down compared to during the movie hype. I really do not expect it to go noticeably low where a 3.0 would cost just $5200 instead of $6k. I think every year the book has seen steady growth. I remember the C-link Cgc 7.0 copy with white pages selling for around $28k about 2-3 years ago!?! Now owned by a boardie but boy if only I had the money I would've bid on it. So yeah that's my opinion.

Your thoughts?

I think prices on AF 15's have been just a tad down compared to during the movie hype. I really do not expect it to go noticeably low where a 3.0 would cost just $5200 instead of $6k. I think every year the book has seen steady growth. I remember the C-link Cgc 7.0 copy with white pages selling for around $28k about 2-3 years ago!?! Now owned by a boardie but boy if only I had the money I would've bid on it. So yeah that's my opinion.

If I remember correctly the book pulled back a bit in 2010. AF 15 is still as good an "investment" as a comic book could be but a slight pullback after a movie comes out is inevitable. I know the other Marvel books like Avengers 1 and Hulk 1 have come back some after highs earlier this year.

Your thoughts?

If I remember correctly the book pulled back a bit in 2010. AF 15 is still as good an "investment" as a comic book could be but a slight pullback after a movie comes out is inevitable. I know the other Marvel books like Avengers 1 and Hulk 1 have come back some after highs earlier this year.

I think Avengers 1 has pulled back as well, but Hulk 1's are still pretty hot