• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

would it be safe to say 200 copies exist at 6.0 unrestored blue slabbed/unslabbed and above based on cgc census data

Based on the census there are 150 blue label copies in 6.0 or better. Shave 10% for resubs so that's 135 is slabs, I guess then it's up to you to ask yourself how many raw copies are floating around.

I personally think the 6.0-7.0 range probably has around 150 raw copies floating around in collections be they known or unknown, hanging out in an attic and waiting to come to market, and another dozen or so in 7.5 or better raw, so, while my estimate puts it around 300 copies, if you believe most of the copies of this book to be slabbed, then the census seems to suggest 200 is the range.

Ok guys, I just picked up my club membership from SpiderTurtle today. :cloud9:

p38022.jpg

Nice copy. What, SpiderTurtle is down to only ten copies now? :roflmao:

Yikes! 10 copies! (worship) I'm still looking for ONE! Care to make it 9 Spider-Turtle? :wishluck:

http://www.comiclink.com/./auctions/search.asp?where=sell&title=amazing%20fantasy%2015&ItemType=CB

With 4 AF15s up the Comiclink auction; we will definetly have an idea of what the current market prices are

That 7.5 is an awfully quick flip, it just sold on Heritage a few months ago for $50K.

Af15 has a lot of supply, especially in lower grades...much less upward movement potential there when you compare to mid to high grade...but the fact remains it is a combination of supply and demand and af15 has a steady demand factor...so the variable really is how much supply becomes available

It is not an easy task to get in this club. Prices will continue to soar on this holy grail- They are still much too cheap in my opinion. I do not see an end in site.
I would agree that prices will continue to rise on the high grade books, 8.5 and above...but just the opposite is happening on 8.0 and below...prices were run up and run up quickly in 2008 and now we are seeing major pricing corrections (20-30% decreases in some instances)...

so, now, with the pricing pull back, is a nice time to purchase... not sure we will see another "explosion" like we saw in 2008, but more probable is a steady increase if demand exceeds supply and a continual pull back if supply continues to be able to meet demand

Cross posted, sorry! I upgraded my copy, here's hoping a drag queen doesn't try to "sell" it this time.

4331261858_c97a78869c.jpg

NICE!! :applause:

"drag-queen"??.. musta missed that day on the boards. (shrug)

From around December/Jan of 08/09 I guess would be when it happened. A drag queen took my picture of my old AF15 and tried to "sell" it on eBay. Some people speculated I was therefore a shill and/or a drag queen, which I am neither.