• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Batman movie

214 posts in this topic

The 3rd Batman movie will be the tough one. We were talking last night and wondering what villain(s) will be in it. Tough call on how to fit in Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin or Poison Ivy. (Those were the 4 we came up with.)

My vote is for Superman ;)

You want to see a movie that would break box office records make him go against the boy scout.The time is right and if done right it would big huge!

Here are my thoughts on who could possibly do the Joker. Gary Oldman: One of the greatest character actors of our time. Would be interesting to see him do two roles at the same time. Craig Beirko, this is based on his role as Max Baer in Cinderella man. Woody Harralson, has an insane intensity. He may be too old to do it though. Johnny Depp another good character actor. Hugo Weaving: Very good performance in V for Vendetta. His Agent Smith was also classic.

SPOILER ALERT!

I don't think I'm being picky. The movie wasn't horrible. I just don't think that it's "masterful" like the geeky fanboys will believe it is. It has a lot going for it but much of the movie outside of Heath's performance is easily forgettable. The nerd-boys will cry into the night that this is the Godfather 2 of superhero movies though.

You're right it's not the Godfather 2 of all super hero movies. It's the Godfather of all movies. Currently ranked #1 all time on the IMDB top 250 list. :baiting::devil: Of course we all know that things fall fast from that list. :tonofbricks:

I don't think anyone can reprise his role as the Joker.

I was thinking about that on the way home from the theater, and the only name that came to mind was Johnny Depp. I wonder what he'd do with the role.

My guess is that Johnny Depp would overact it. By the third Pirates movie I was getting tired of his Sparrow routine. The first film was it was great, the second it was losing its lustre, and in the third one it was too much. I can only tolerate him in small doses now. lol

Personaly, I don't care for the guy in general.

"America is dumb, is something like a dumb puppy that has big teeth — that can bite and hurt you, aggressive."

"to see America as a toy, a broken toy. Investigate it a little, check it out, get this feeling and then get out."

Anyhow, I realy don't care if it's taken out of context, he's not getting another cent from me even if he's the next Joker.

As for the Dark Knight, it's a pretty good flick althought it seemed a little drawn out. Everyone in the theater loved the Pencil trick as well. Heathe's role as the Joker wasn't all that bad. I went into this thinking everyone was inflaiting his part due to his untimely departure. But he actually did a pretty good job :applause: Heck, I thought Bale did a much better job as Batman this time around as well.

Went to see the flick at 10:21p Saturday night. After all of the previews & trailers, the movie started about 10:40 or so. Did see the Watchmen trailer - looked confusing.

First off - Batman's voice; I laughed everytime I heard it. Could it get any deeper/falser?

Let's look at the other Jokers and TwoFaces in films past.

batman-dark-knight-joker.jpgjoker-jack.jpgjoker_13.jpg

jim_carrey5.jpg

Then there's TwoFace

tommy_lee_jones_batman_forever_001.jpg

Harvdent.jpg

dark-knight-two-face-art.jpg

My vote is for Superman ;)

You want to see a movie that would break box office records make him go against the boy scout.The time is right and if done right it would big huge!

Not a bad notion, and it'd tie in with Miller's Dark Knight Returns...

SPOILER ALERT!

I found the movie to be poorly executed during several scenes which seemed to be incomplete. The easiest example is the scene in which the Joker is pursuing Harvey Dent. For the big "action scene" that it was suppose to be it was rather dull and even at one point seemed to have been just dumped into the editing room and the soundtrack and foley artists completely forgotten.

Ironman was about the same length and was much easier to endure than this movie. This movie was far too long and could have easily had 30-45 minutes cut from it specifically scenes involving Rachel and the "fund raiser" scene for Harvey Dent.

Heath was fine as the Joker as I like that the Joker was truly a sociopath rather than some joke cracking doofus like Nicholson or Romero.

I still have the same complaint about Christian Bale. I think he is fine for Batman, looks wise, but he has a horrible lisp that is really difficult to get past especially when he uses the dumb voice while in costume. I really wish they wouldn't have him use a different voice while in costume.

The "Bat Bike" is a waste of a prop as they seemed to have a hard time really portraying any true speed with the thing and it just looks clunky and awkward.

Overall the movie was fine and admittingly it was slightly difficult to get it out of my head everytime I saw Heath that he's now dead.

on a five point scale I'm looking at a 3 for this one but I'm sure fanboys everywhere are going to wet their pants over it just like they did the first one. (I'd give the first one a 3 and a half)

Picky - picky ! ....Always the critique , Buffy ................... :baiting:

I don't think I'm being picky. The movie wasn't horrible. I just don't think that it's "masterful" like the geeky fanboys will believe it is. It has a lot going for it but much of the movie outside of Heath's performance is easily forgettable. The nerd-boys will cry into the night that this is the Godfather 2 of superhero movies though.

I see all your points buffy. I especially agree that Bale's lisp is very distracting.

Heath was great as the Joker, but I feel this is an amazing film for reasons having nothing to do with him.

The way this movie tackles ethics, morality, and human nature is masterful. Yes the movie is paced poorly, but it is to be expected considering how profound it was.

The movie is astonishingly allegorical and parallels many current world issues. The dark knight delivered on many levels that I never thought was possible from a comic book movie.

SPOILER ALERT!

I found the movie to be poorly executed during several scenes which seemed to be incomplete. The easiest example is the scene in which the Joker is pursuing Harvey Dent. For the big "action scene" that it was suppose to be it was rather dull and even at one point seemed to have been just dumped into the editing room and the soundtrack and foley artists completely forgotten.

Ironman was about the same length and was much easier to endure than this movie. This movie was far too long and could have easily had 30-45 minutes cut from it specifically scenes involving Rachel and the "fund raiser" scene for Harvey Dent.

Heath was fine as the Joker as I like that the Joker was truly a sociopath rather than some joke cracking doofus like Nicholson or Romero.

I still have the same complaint about Christian Bale. I think he is fine for Batman, looks wise, but he has a horrible lisp that is really difficult to get past especially when he uses the dumb voice while in costume. I really wish they wouldn't have him use a different voice while in costume.

The "Bat Bike" is a waste of a prop as they seemed to have a hard time really portraying any true speed with the thing and it just looks clunky and awkward.

Overall the movie was fine and admittingly it was slightly difficult to get it out of my head everytime I saw Heath that he's now dead.

on a five point scale I'm looking at a 3 for this one but I'm sure fanboys everywhere are going to wet their pants over it just like they did the first one. (I'd give the first one a 3 and a half)

Picky - picky ! ....Always the critique , Buffy ................... :baiting:

I see all your points buffy. I especially agree that Bale's lisp is very distracting.

Heath was great as the Joker, but I feel this is an amazing film for reasons having nothing to do with him.

The way this movie tackles ethics, morality, and human nature is masterful. Yes the movie is paced poorly, but it is to be expected considering how profound it was.

The movie is astonishingly allegorical and parallels many current world issues. The dark knight delivered on many levels that I never thought was possible from a comic book movie.

It certainly did Ronaldo! Masterpiece of moviemaking if you ask me. Ledger's Joker was tour de force, just wonderful.

In my opinion it is the best superhero movie to date, eclipsing Spiderman I and II.

I saw it this morning. I thought it was an incredible movie. Can't wait to see it again. IMO, the best superhero movie to date.

Heath should get an oscar for that. His performance was legendary. (worship)

Did anyone else think the begining was great and sucked you in.

The first 5 minutes sucked me in months ago when someone here copied a link to watch it. I'd been waiting ever since with high expectations, and it met every one of them.

Can't decide whether I like it or Iron Man more, though. Just 2 very different movies.

I saw it this morning. I thought it was an incredible movie. Can't wait to see it again. IMO, the best superhero movie to date.

Heath should get an oscar for that. His performance was legendary. (worship)

(thumbs u

that pic of jim carrey made me realize ...i forgot how good he was as the riddler.

the only difference being that his movie sucked. :boo:

but if carrey had an opportunity to put out his riddler performance on a dark knight/batman begins stage... he would rank up there... in terms of top superhero movie villians ever.

SPOILERS BELOW:

A couple comments....

1. What was the deal with Scarecrow in the beginning? Was it actually him or someone acting like him?

2. Did anyone else get the feeling that the next Batman will delve into seeing him spying and needing to know everything. When he took the sonar thing that can tap into phones Morgan Freeman said it was too much power for one person. I can see them playing that angle.

3. No more tumbler to me means a cooler looking Batmobile in the next film. :banana:

Just back from an absolutely packed theater. That movie was spectacular. Heath Ledger, if he doesn't win, will almost definitely be nominated for an Oscar. Every scene he was in was amazing.

Just back from an absolutely packed theater. That movie was spectacular. Heath Ledger, if he doesn't win, will almost definitely be nominated for an Oscar. Every scene he was in was amazing.

you tell 'em Dan! :banana:

I thought it was pretty good too. Was it just me or did anyone else leave the movie tired? It was really intense all the way through. Two Face looked great, but ..........What a waste. Ledger was great as the Joker, Bale was great as Batman.

I thought it was pretty good too. Was it just me or did anyone else leave the movie tired? It was really intense all the way through. Two Face looked great, but ..........What a waste. Ledger was great as the Joker, Bale was great as Batman.

I can't believe you've got time to go to the movies with SDCC in 2 days :hi:

Saw it the second time tonight and I liked it even more on second viewing (not sure why.)

Ledger was incredible, I thought I was going to hate his portrayal based on the little that I had seen but this is the definitive Joker.

Interesting to see where they go from here.