• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

On 9/29/2023 at 7:26 PM, Readcomix said:

@Patriot6 sighting! :ohnoez:

Welcome home! You good?

:yeehaw:

Very well thank you! I've been lurking from time to time when time permits. Thought I'd try to work on the collection in '24! I hope the comic gods have been good to you and that your family is well Gene. 

On 9/29/2023 at 8:48 PM, Patriot6 said:

:yeehaw:

Very well thank you! I've been lurking from time to time when time permits. Thought I'd try to work on the collection in '24! I hope the comic gods have been good to you and that your family is well Gene. 

All is well; you’re back 10 minutes and already the Threadkrap Mafia is in full force! :headbang:

JF inna houz!!!! :sumo:

I was helping my neighbor price a bunch of comics to sell in his mother’s antique shop and he has the cover ( front and back, loosely attached to each other) and one wrap from Superman 3.  

Does anyone have even an order of magnitude valuation for something like that?  I have no idea what to tell him.

IMG_5129.jpeg

While it was not something I was trying to complete I thought I would ask others who are interested in partial books if anyone else was surprised by the sale price of the New Adventure Comics 26 in the last HA sale?  I realize it is supposedly the rarest of all DC books, and it admittedly has a very cool cover, but I really thought this would go for less than half of the final hammer price.  Am I missing something or were there just two really motivated potential buyers?

image.png.d6d3a9b4f774269c9f6728cc98fd65dc.png

On 9/29/2023 at 10:44 PM, Hamlet said:

I was helping my neighbor price a bunch of comics to sell in his mother’s antique shop and he has the cover ( front and back, loosely attached to each other) and one wrap from Superman 3.  

Does anyone have even an order of magnitude valuation for something like that?  I have no idea what to tell him.

IMG_5129.jpeg

Start at half the good price then work your way down.  The Timely comics will sell first.  The Superman 3 wou;d sell at half the goo price I think.  

On 11/13/2023 at 10:19 AM, EmilC said:

Thanks.

I am looking for a coverless GA Superman 12 (one with white patriotic cover) and coverless Four Color 178 (Bear Mtn. Uncle Scrooge). Was told FC 178 is quite common as the print run was huge on Disney ducks ....

On 11/14/2023 at 12:05 PM, aardvark88 said:

I am looking for a coverless GA Superman 12 (one with white patriotic cover) and coverless Four Color 178 (Bear Mtn. Uncle Scrooge). Was told FC 178 is quite common as the print run was huge on Disney ducks ....

I do have a coverless copy of Superman 12 but I am interested in a cover or a good trade.

53333832727_27fce1bd05_h.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On 9/29/2023 at 10:44 PM, Hamlet said:

Sweet!  What a beauty.  But why not simply auction it and let the market decide?  Else I'd use GPAnalysis and try to establish a value, then offer it here!  My guess is your probably taking several offers now via your messages that probably are providing a nice legitimate range, if not then I'll make an offer.  As someone mentioned, I also roughly estimate full covers at 50% of Good price.  Seems to me it would do better those ways than in an antique shop.  Just an opinion. 

Edited by path4play

On 12/3/2023 at 7:04 AM, path4play said:

Sweet!  What a beauty.  But why not simply auction it and let the market decide?  Else I'd use GPAnalysis and try to establish a value, then offer it here!  My guess is your probably taking several offers now via your messages that probably are providing a nice legitimate range, if not then I'll make an offer.  As someone mentioned, I also roughly estimate full covers at 50% of Good price.  Seems to me it would do better those ways than in an antique shop.  Just an opinion. 

It’s my neighbor’s not mine.  I really don’t want to get involved in the actual transaction in any way, TBH.