• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Gemma, Can you add Evil Ernie The Resurrection premium ashcan, CGC cert #0199738001 . To both the Evil Ernie (1993-2002) and Evil Ernie The Resurrection sets. It is limited to 50 total copies. can you also add Evil Ernie Youth gone wild 1-5 Necro Variants as well as a Evil Ernie war of the dead #3 Memorial issue variant to the Evil Ernie (1993-2002) set.

Thanks as always.

I have one small single request from a while back I think got lost in the shuffle.

Only because several other small requests since then have been completed.

Can you add...

Marko Djurdjevic Cover Set

- Ms. Marvel #45 (Djurdjevic Variant)

Thank you Gemma for all your hard work!

• Administrator
Can you add wolverine 87, 88, and 89 news stand variants to the wolverine 1988 series. I know other newsstand editions are out there but with wolverine 87-90 there were different prices points with these issues. The more common direct editions have the cover price of $1.95 and the newsstands have a $1.50 cover price on them. Also as of right now there is already a newsstand and deluxe version of wolverine 90 on the wolverine 1988 registry. If needed I can submit pictures of the differences between the newsstands and deluxe editions.

These are not currently listed separately as variants in our system, so yours would have to be submitted for relabeling before the slots could be made.

Also, I folded all of the 1/2 issues into the same slot. As for the one-shots they were requested previously, so before I take them out would it be better to set up a Wolverine One-Shots set? I know another user wanted them included...

• Administrator
Gemma, Can you add Evil Ernie The Resurrection premium ashcan, CGC cert #0199738001 . To both the Evil Ernie (1993-2002) and Evil Ernie The Resurrection sets. It is limited to 50 total copies. can you also add Evil Ernie Youth gone wild 1-5 Necro Variants as well as a Evil Ernie war of the dead #3 Memorial issue variant to the Evil Ernie (1993-2002) set.

Thanks as always.

I can add the Ashcan and Youth Gone Wild #1 Director's Cut and Encore Edition, but none of the others you have requested are graded & shipped so they can't be added until that has happened.

Hello Gemma

Thank you fixing the wolverine ½ issue slot, but I think the wolverine ½ (foil edition) should have kept its own slot. The wolverine ½ (foil edition) is a variant of the ½ issue.

As for the one shots, I am on the fence whether or not they should be an expansion for a set. Maybe this issue should get its own thread and everyone can weigh in on the matter. In my opinion if one shots were to be considered an expansion to a set then there should be some sort of guideline to what would qualify. For example a one shot where two characters team up (wolverine and nick fury, wolverine/shi) or when a one shot reprints issues from another title (wolverine battles the incredible hulk) then they should not be considered a set expansion. One shots that are a side story to an existing run as long as it came out during the run dates of a series (wolverine: doombringer) should be allowed. Like I mentioned before maybe something like this should go to a vote, since this would affect a lot of sets.

Gemma,

The Wolverine 1/2 and Wolverine 1/2 Special Edition are two distinct books, with different covers. Can we put those back as two books in the 1988 set?

Also, on the 87,88,89,90 and 99 newstand covers, I believe most of the graded copies (all the ones I have been able to see in Registry sets and for sale on Ebay) are the Deluxe versions. How do we get those changed in the Census to deluxe, then show the rarer newstand variants as their own books?

regards

I don’t think that it would be that difficult. Since the majority of 87- 90 probably are the deluxe versions, change the current name of the 87, 88, and 89 to say “deluxe edition”. Wolverine 90 already has slots for the newsstand and deluxe edition, so no need to fix. Then the people that happen to have the newsstand editions will have to send the issues back to cgc for relabeling…just my two cents.

For Walking Dead complete with variants

Famous Monsters of Filmland #253 12/10 Walking Dead interview

Is this a part of the story or has a unique original story such as the Playboy that came out earlier this year? If not I do not feel that it should be added to the registry.

There are way to many magazines with Interviews to even keep track of.

I feel opening up this will water down the WD registry.

Hi, Gemma..

I went to add my recent Two-Gun Kid #134 CGC submission into my collection, and on opening Two-Gun Kid,, found it only went through issue #131?

Can you add the final issues to the TWO-GUN KID Registy so that it runs through issue #136, the actual end of the comic's run?

Thanks

For Walking Dead complete with variants

Famous Monsters of Filmland #253 12/10 Walking Dead interview

Is this a part of the story or has a unique original story such as the Playboy that came out earlier this year? If not I do not feel that it should be added to the registry.

There are way to many magazines with Interviews to even keep track of.

I feel opening up this will water down the WD registry.

+1 This does not belong in the set, for the same reason Doug has brought up. It's a one shot magazine, that features a cover and article on WD, but has nothing to do with the comic book story, i.e. original story line or comic pages pertinent to the series.

Gemma, could you please add to the Chew set the following issues:

Chew 2012 Sketchbook Convention Edition (limited to only 75 copies)

Chew #28

Chew #29

Chew #29 Variant Cover (limited to 1:10 for retailers, but have heard from a couple sources it was more limited then this)

Thank you very much, and hopefully you have a great and safe holiday season.