• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

In the name of the common man who collects regularly priced comic books please could you unsoil the Red Sonja 1-15 set by removing the variants from it thus restoring it to the state it was in for the past 5 years.

Then create a set red sonja with variants to appease the price variant collectors, both of them.

Thanks

Joe

+1

In the name of the common man who collects regularly priced comic books please could you unsoil the Red Sonja 1-15 set by removing the variants from it thus restoring it to the state it was in for the past 5 years.

Then create a set red sonja with variants to appease the price variant collectors, both of them.

Thanks

Joe

Unsoil? I think not, and what is this "common man" you speak of? We collect comics. Men and women both. The logic of adding the price variants was because of the fact that the Marvel Feature Vol. 2 feat. Red Sonja set has them. It is only natural that Red Sonja should have them as well. They're in the census as is the 11/78 printing for #9. So your set isn't totally complete now, but it never was. It would seem to you that anyone who has a chance to complete it is somehow beneath you, and needs to be separate from you. Why? For the record, I don't own any of the price variants, but I do think that they should be included.

Thanks

Joe

Unsoil? I think not, and what is this "common man" you speak of? We collect comics. Men and women both. The logic of adding the price variants was because of the fact that the Marvel Feature Vol. 2 feat. Red Sonja set has them. It is only natural that Red Sonja should have them as well. They're in the census as is the 11/78 printing for #9. So your set isn't totally complete now, but it never was. It would seem to you that anyone who has a chance to complete it is somehow beneath you, and needs to be separate from you. Why? For the record, I don't own any of the price variants, but I do think that they should be included.

Yes unsoiled. I think so. The common man I speak of is me and many others, who do not collect variants. A small minority of people like variants, that's great, but not everyone. Sets can be made to accommodate that, but usually new sets not ones that have been around for years.

I don't think it's logical or natural to include them in sets that have been established for a long long time.

It was complete before it changed. You are in Florida, I am in Minnesota so you are beneath me.

For the record I don't own any price variants, but I don't think they should be included.

Some people just view the run of, say, red sonja as 15 issues, because that's all there were. There are not 17 OA covers of run 1, there are 15.

You are no more right than I am, just please leave well established sets alone and set up variant ones if needed, this is an old discussion.

Thanks

Joe

Yes unsoiled. I think so. The common man I speak of is me and many others, who do not collect variants. A small minority of people like variants, that's great, but not everyone. Sets can be made to accommodate that, but usually new sets not ones that have been around for years.

I don't think it's logical or natural to include them in sets that have been established for a long long time.

It was complete before it changed. You are in Florida, I am in Minnesota so you are beneath me.

For the record I don't own any price variants, but I don't think they should be included.

Some people just view the run of, say, red sonja as 15 issues, because that's all there were. There are not 17 OA covers of run 1, there are 15.

You are no more right than I am, just please leave well established sets alone and set up variant ones if needed, this is an old discussion.

:cry:zzz

I am in favor of leaving the old set alone and creating a new one if that makes all colectors happy and I would also like 1-15 pence and the mark jewelers and 1-7 pence in marvel feature ?

We cant have everything so we live with what we get ?

Let CGC deside

This is a hobby have fun

:)

I Would like to say if colectors like Dr Joe and Cheetah didnt reduce thier colections some times others like myself would have fewer books to buy

I am in favor of leaving the old set alone and creating a new one if that makes all colectors happy and I would also like 1-15 pence and the mark jewelers and 1-7 pence in marvel feature ?

We cant have everything so we live with what we get ?

Let CGC deside

This is a hobby have fun

I Would like to say if colectors like Dr Joe and Cheetah didnt reduce thier colections some times others like myself would have fewer books to buy

Thanks Gyro for your sensible approach.

Put all the variants you like in a variant set, thats a growing trend and does make people happy who are looking for all those other variations on the usual issues.

If we are going to have a Red Sonja complete with variants set, I think we should go ahead and add Marvel Feature V2 issues 1-7. These were the immediate precursors to Red's solo title.

Can we please have the Grimm Fairy Tales Presents Call of Wonderland #1 Campbell Blue Rainbow Exclusive variants added to both the J Scott Campbell covers set and the Grimm Fairy Tales sets and the Transformers Generation Two Halloween Special added to the Transformers Generation Two (Marvel) set? Thanks so much! :)

• Administrator
Can you update the following sets please:

Wolverine (2003) - Missing 82 2nd Print

Wolverine: The Best There Is

Ultimate Spider-man (2011)

Thanks!

K.

What issues need to be added to Ultimate Spider-Man (2011)? Just want to be sure what is being requested...thanks!

Can you update the following sets please:

Wolverine (2003) - Missing 82 2nd Print

Wolverine: The Best There Is

Ultimate Spider-man (2011)

Thanks!

K.

What issues need to be added to Ultimate Spider-Man (2011)? Just want to be sure what is being requested...thanks!

Everything above issue 4. Right now USM (2011) is up to issue 13, graded.

Thanks Gemma.

K.

• Administrator
Can we please have the Grimm Fairy Tales Presents Call of Wonderland #1 Campbell Blue Rainbow Exclusive variants added to both the J Scott Campbell covers set and the Grimm Fairy Tales sets and the Transformers Generation Two Halloween Special added to the Transformers Generation Two (Marvel) set? Thanks so much! :)

Do you have a graded example of the Transformers Generation 2 Halloween Special? I don't see it in our database under that name...thanks!

If we are going to have a Red Sonja complete with variants set, I think we should go ahead and add Marvel Feature V2 issues 1-7. These were the immediate precursors to Red's solo title.

We could also include Red Sonja (Vol 2) and Red Sonja (Vol 3)

that would get close to combining all the marvel red sonja that ran into the mid 80s when they changed publishers

We could also include Red Sonja (Vol 2) and Red Sonja (Vol 3)

that would get close to combining all the marvel red sonja that ran into the mid 80s when they changed publishers

Knock yourself out. It's fine with me.

Gemma,

Can we get the following issues added to the Green Lantern Corps 2006 set?

Once these get added to the set the run will be finished :)

44 Variant

45 Variant

46 Variant

47 Variant

48 Variant

49 Variant

50 Variant

51 Variant

52 Variant

53 Variant

54 Variant

55 Variant

56 Variant

57 Variant

58 Variant

59 Variant

60 Variant

61 Variant

62 Variant

63 Variant

Thank you! :)

Hi Gemma!

Would it be possible to add Marvel Team Up #100 to the Marvel Copper Age 1st Appearances set? It features the origin and 1st appearance of Xi'an Coy Manh (Karma) and was published on 12/80.

I know it falls within the appropriate dates because Amazing Spiderman #210 is part of the set and it was published on 11/80.

Thanks Gemma.

I wondered about that myself hammershipdown. You are correct.

#8 IS the first appearance of Amara who later becomes Magma in issue #10.

But issue #10 is considered the first appearance of "Magma" however, as made evident in it's inclusion on the CGC Label.