• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #1 Club
3 3

453 posts in this topic

Golden age of collecting for me. I remember being absolutely blown away by the artwork when I was 12. That and WildCATS # 1. Say want you want, but those were two artists in their prime.

It'd be fun to go back and see what the story's like now that it's in the 200s.

Golden age of collecting for me. I remember being absolutely blown away by the artwork when I was 12. That and WildCATS # 1. Say want you want, but those were two artists in their prime.

It'd be fun to go back and see what the story's like now that it's in the 200s.

Not bad.... I liked the journalistic reports in helping to explain story elements but after a while they got me tired? Still some of the best artwork in a comic book ever in my opinion....

I posted this in the foreign thread but I figured it had relevance here too....

2 years of focused hunting…..

Spawn 1

American, Italian, South African, French, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Mexican, Greek, German, Dutch, Bulgarian

1new.jpg

2_new.jpg

3new.jpg

Edited by Define999

The Japanese books are pretty cool.... there are different dust covers which might denote seperate printings. I havent quite figured it out though.... for instance this Japanese book has a different dust cover than mine?

Screenshot2012-08-17at81718AM.png

Its kinda cool with the Spawn logo in the middle. hm

Edited by Define999

Big Fan....still love the hamburger head.

Here's my application for membership!

Spawn1membershipcard_zpse7298107.jpg[/img]

Nice books. I'm envious of your 3D. I haven't found a nice copy yet. :cry:

UPC copies of #1 are much less common than the regular cover.

Out of the 20-40 or however many copies I have, I think I only have two with the UPC.

UPC copies of #1 are much less common than the regular cover.

Out of the 20-40 or however many copies I have, I think I only have two with the UPC.

Then I guess that was a nice find for 50-cents over at the local flea market! (my original copy was UPC as well, but read to shreds...) Thanks for the info! Do you think that trend holds for the later 10-20 issues?

I wish I knew more about it, but alas, I can't read the Kanji. Maybe the next time my sister visits, she can translate. My version of the book has an interview with Todd McFarlane, that much I know.

On a side note, I wish we made our comics as stout as the Japanese do...This thing feels indestructible!