• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics 1 NM/M on Ebay

34 posts in this topic

I contacted Ebay (which was not an easy task as you would assume it would be) and notified them of this item as most likely and most diffinitely being a fraud. If it is not, I will buy the darn thing for a hundred grand (the sellers stated reserve).

If 'Trooper doesn't out bid you.

He's selling a Superman 1 and a Hulk 1 also. You'd think in an auction like that he would have better pictures.
problem is, scammers don't have the books to make better pictures from lol

I am surprised that ebay has not caught on to this yet. Did anyone message them yet? I even sent this person a message asking him for back cover and interior pages. he said when he gets back in about a week he (or she) will. Yea right! This person is really coming up with the greatest GA finds of all time. Everything high grade. suuuuure.

You'd think in an auction like that he would have better pictures.

He stole the picture from the Gerber Guide, so it's hard to make it look any better.

Darn that Gerber for not publishing a "Photojournal Guide to Comic Book Back Covers".

I asked him if he wouldn't mind posting a few extra pictures of the Supes 1, given that it is a fairly expensive comic. He replied, "Unfortunately I'm out of town at the moment. If I manage to return before the auction ends, I'll be happy to."