• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

... A well done Invincible movie series would be awesome :cloud9:

From your lips to Kirkmans ears, yo.

I guess I feel a little differently. I kinda feel like comics in general these days have all turned into a giant speculation machine. With sooooo many titles headed for either tv or the big screen, it's gotta be on everyone's (collectors) minds when something comes out. Seriously. I haven't even read Chrononauts yet, came out 2 days ago, and it's already picked up. Hopefully Kirkman is going to pimp the hell outta Invincible Universe.

I guess I feel a little differently. I kinda feel like comics in general these days have all turned into a giant speculation machine. With sooooo many titles headed for either tv or the big screen, it's gotta be on everyone's (collectors) minds when something comes out. Seriously. I haven't even read Chrononauts yet, came out 2 days ago, and it's already picked up. Hopefully Kirkman is going to pimp the hell outta Invincible Universe.

The prevalent thought on Millar's books + media deals is that it doesn't really do anything much - even on the short term.

Hell, my own thought is that movie or tv news doesn't do much for a book's value long term either. There are exceptions (Walking Dead is always an exception in almost every category), but in general, that's how I feel about it.

The prevalent thought on Millar's books + media deals is that it doesn't really do anything much - even on the short term.

Hell, my own thought is that movie or tv news doesn't do much for a book's value long term either. There are exceptions (Walking Dead is always an exception in almost every category), but in general, that's how I feel about it.

The giant speculation machine is just that....giant. There is a maximum amount of TV/Movie announcements that the secondary market can handle before the impact on prices diminishes. It has already started.

I just sold my last #1 9.8 for $600 and I'm out of the game.

I can't wait to see another CGC 9.8 come up to market. I'm guessing maybe sometime next month at the earliest. I guess with only 100 or so in existence will make it awhile before it's readily available

Was there any discussion on the recent issue? I'm excited to see where the title goes and I like that Kirkman is doing a huge status quo change. I always enjoy the moments when he insults himself talking about Science Dog.

I'd like to see the book focus more on Atom Eve and Invincible. It seems that is where Kirkman is headed.

Was there any discussion on the recent issue? I'm excited to see where the title goes and I like that Kirkman is doing a huge status quo change. I always enjoy the moments when he insults himself talking about Science Dog.

I'd like to see the book focus more on Atom Eve and Invincible. It seems that is where Kirkman is headed.

You will love 118 then.

I just sold my last #1 9.8 for $600 and I'm out of the game.

thats gotta be a record for that book. congrats!

thanks. this book can only go up at the moment. All I have a raws , 8.5, 9.4's and 9.6's left over. Maybe 9.6 will still go back to it's old 300 selling spot.

The giant speculation machine is just that....giant. There is a maximum amount of TV/Movie announcements that the secondary market can handle before the impact on prices diminishes. It has already started.

Millar is the Tyler Perry of Comics.... just less annoying and way more talented.

My LCS had a discount sale on TPBs, so I picked up the first Compendium and read it over a 3 or 4 day period.

How did I not know about this book? I love the characters and the plot development. Could this type of book even be written at Marvel or DC?

I plan on picking up Volume 2 shortly.

Is the writing still of the same quality that I experienced in the first 50 or so issues?

My LCS had a discount sale on TPBs, so I picked up the first Compendium and read it over a 3 or 4 day period.

How did I not know about this book? I love the characters and the plot development. Could this type of book even be written at Marvel or DC?

Is the writing still of the same quality that I experienced in the first 50 or so issues?

They couldn't be now, at one time... yes, but no longer. Not once they started treating these heroes more as intellectual property and less as characters.

Welcome ^^ ^^ ^^:whee:

IMHO: The art, writing, plot development is even better for 51-100. You will LOVE the next arc. Conquest!!!!