• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Im dying to see whats up with powerplex, I feel that its going to be a really fun issue. Then 60.... I have no idea how im going to manage the time between issues, and the following Conquest arc is going to be so damn good, I have a really good feeling. Its a good time to be a Invincible fan for sure.

Im dying to see whats up with powerplex, I feel that its going to be a really fun issue. Then 60.... I have no idea how im going to manage the time between issues, and the following Conquest arc is going to be so damn good, I have a really good feeling. Its a good time to be a Invincible fan for sure.

"fun issue" it wasn't.

Spoilers ahead

I am going to have to disagree, I thought it was a ton of fun. I like powerplex. The idea that he has powers that he can't control without help from those discs. I think kman did a great job introducing a new villain, and the tragedy that his life has become. The fact that he kills his own family is pretty brutal. A really fun issue IMHO

Spoilers ahead

I am going to have to disagree, I thought it was a ton of fun. I like powerplex. The idea that he has powers that he can't control without help from those discs. I think kman did a great job introducing a new villain, and the tragedy that his life has become. The fact that he kills his own family is pretty brutal. A really fun issue IMHO

the immolation of an innocent child is "fun?" :screwy:. remind me never to invite you to my house. kirkman wasn't going for fun and he says as much in the letters column.

seriously man, its a damn comic book. Stop taking it so seriously, yes it was sad, like I said, but it was fun in the sense that it added even more fuel to the hatred that this guy has for Invincible, which could lead to a great story about him in the future. So yes it was fun, a new villain, a good origin-ish tale, and a great ending where he vows that someone will slip and give him the energy to bust out of the place. I cant believe that one page can make you say this issue wasnt fun.

hm methinks there is an argument about semantics...i only know bc i fall into them very easily myself (:

it was a good issue...i think paperheart was just saying that it wasn't a normal vinci issue which usually has a touch o' 'fun'...

i actually thought the beginning of the issue WAS kind of funny...like pg 2, when he asked his wife 'how was it?was it good? powerful?'..i laughed :) and yeah...that burned kid was kinda funny too (:

So, I'm on the Invincible bandwagon as of late...Been on The Walking Dead bandwagon for awhile....I'm up through the 3rd Ultimate Invincible hardcover collection....Is my next stop the "regular" Volume 8 trade? hm

So, I'm on the Invincible bandwagon as of late...Been on The Walking Dead bandwagon for awhile....I'm up through the 3rd Ultimate Invincible hardcover collection....Is my next stop the "regular" Volume 8 trade? hm

i would recommend the floppies :)