• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Oh my oh my... :takeit:

http://www.skybound.com/skybound/2014/3/14/invincible-111-pencil-variant-revealed.html

"Not only is INVINCIBLE #111 the beginning of a new era for the Invincible Universe, but it's also Ryan Ottley's 100th issue of INVINCIBLE!

To celebrate the occasion, Skybound is releasing two variants for INVINCIBLE #111. Pictured below, a cover featuring Ottley's remarkable pencils will be available as a variant. In addition, a blank sketch cover of INVINCIBLE #111 will be on sale. This will be the first blank sketch cover for an issue of INVINCIBLE since the series began."

JCtwe3J.jpg

Edited by Tuff Ghost

Speaking of Ryan Ottley, does anyone know which issue was his first issue? When did he start doing the art on that (taking it over from Cory)?

Oh my oh my... :takeit:

http://www.skybound.com/skybound/2014/3/14/invincible-111-pencil-variant-revealed.html

"Not only is INVINCIBLE #111 the beginning of a new era for the Invincible Universe, but it's also Ryan Ottley's 100th issue of INVINCIBLE!

To celebrate the occasion, Skybound is releasing two variants for INVINCIBLE #111. Pictured below, a cover featuring Ottley's remarkable pencils will be available as a variant. In addition, a blank sketch cover of INVINCIBLE #111 will be on sale. This will be the first blank sketch cover for an issue of INVINCIBLE since the series began."

JCtwe3J.jpg

We should know in a little bit when the previews comes out. Right now they've just listed it as a variant. Doesn't sound like it will be a con variant. Hopefully it's not a 1:50 or anything like that.

"ot only is INVINCIBLE #111 the beginning of a new era for the Invincible Universe, but it's also Ryan Ottley's 100th issue of INVINCIBLE!

To celebrate the occasion, Skybound is releasing two variants for INVINCIBLE #111. Pictured below, a cover featuring Ottley's remarkable pencils will be available as a variant. In addition, a blank sketch cover of INVINCIBLE #111 will be on sale. This will be the first blank sketch cover for an issue of INVINCIBLE since the series began"

The pencil will be a 50/50 variant with the normal cover. Not a limited cover.

Have you seen the blank sketch cover design? Is it blank with just Invincible on it? Similar to Walking Dead 109. :wishluck:

Or will it have extra stuff on it like "1st Issue in a bold new direction, 1st issue of a startling....etc" like the regular cover, similar to the Walking Dead 115 blank with the "All out War" stuff on the cover?

Just curious, because I'm deciding how many to order.

Can anyone speak to the quality of stock that was used on the Walking Dead blanks?

I've been waiting for an Invincible blank so I'd love to load up, but if the blank is crappy like the Image United blanks, I'll have to rethink it.

Woo awesome! :popcorn:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51802

Image Comics announced during its Emerald City Comicon 2014 panel that "Tech Jacket" is coming back for a new ongoing series. Written by "Tech Jacket Digital" creative team Joe Keatinge and Khary Randolph, the new Skybound ongoing will continue the adventures of the Robert Kirkman-created character in June.

"After 'Tech Jacket Digital' became such a sales juggernaut, the timing was right to launch a new series, and Joe Keatinge and Khary Randolph are just the type of creators who can do it way better than I can," Kirkman told CBR exclusively.