• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I'm really envious you completed the set. I've been so tempted but the first 20 or so issues are so pricey for moderns.

I got a #1 for around $200

I lucked out on a 2-9 lot for like $180, BUT the seller shipped them like a insufficiently_thoughtful_person and damaged the lower left corner (spine side). They still look good though.

I got #11 from bryan_robson for like $20

#12 was from Maloney414 as a RAK (which I am very appreciative)

#13 I got from Branget in a lot of 28 other books as a part of the run

#14 - #20 were all eBay purchases for around $12-$15 each (some auction some BINs). I remember #16 was $7 and #19 was like $17.

My point is that you can do it bud! (Thumbs u

Just make a list and start filling in holes. Lots are the way to go to get the most bang for your buck. MyComicShop has a lot of them from 20-Current and a lot of them are priced well. Condition wasn't a huge issues as long as they weren't ragged. Most of all the books in the run are NM / NM+

I bought 150 mylars from YouMeChoose and they look sick in them :headbang:

The thing I worry about is super hero's flying. I never think it looks great on film. Even the Superman movies have struggled with it.

I'd love to see the film, but it would HAVE to be rated R and be graphic. I'd worry about them streamlining the film and skipping the violence. Part of what I like about the book is how Kirkman attempts to show how violent it would real be to be a super hero. Part of what is good is the way they parody the other books.

+1 on the flying. (Especially if it's a TV show.)

But, I don't think a movie would have to be R rated. I don't think the comic itself was graphic until the Conquest fight. 2c

If they made a movie it should be based on the 1st 13 issues. Make it about Invincible, time for some supporting characters like Eve & Robot, deal with one other villain, and then end with a fight with his dad. Leave other stuff for sequels..

You need to go back and read some early Invincible :baiting:

Apparently a ten year old story needs Spoilers tags so beware!

run60c_zpsacae6327.jpg

run60d_zps538898e6.jpg

Of course I remember that scene, one of my favorite moments. But that's PG-13 to me. (shrug)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you to Maloney414!

With this #12 in hand I now have a complete 1-Current run. I only lack a few variants to have a 100% complete Invincible set. Many Boardies have helped and I'll post some pics soon of all the goodies. For now, here's the #12

14890760935_374b7cfdf3_c.jpg

(worship)

I know you're one of the good guys around here, so I was happy to give it to you! (thumbs u

One of my favorite issues of the run! (thumbs u

The thing I worry about is super hero's flying. I never think it looks great on film. Even the Superman movies have struggled with it.

I'd love to see the film, but it would HAVE to be rated R and be graphic. I'd worry about them streamlining the film and skipping the violence. Part of what I like about the book is how Kirkman attempts to show how violent it would real be to be a super hero. Part of what is good is the way they parody the other books.

+1 on the flying. (Especially if it's a TV show.)

But, I don't think a movie would have to be R rated. I don't think the comic itself was graphic until the Conquest fight. 2c

If they made a movie it should be based on the 1st 13 issues. Make it about Invincible, time for some supporting characters like Eve & Robot, deal with one other villain, and then end with a fight with his dad. Leave other stuff for sequels..

You need to go back and read some early Invincible :baiting:

Apparently a ten year old story needs Spoilers tags so beware!

run60c_zpsacae6327.jpg

run60d_zps538898e6.jpg

Of course I remember that scene, one of my favorite moments. But that's PG-13 to me. (shrug)

With all he blood? The blood pushes it. If you took that away, then I guess it could be PG 13.

My point is more that I really don't want to see the film become a family friendly streamlined flick.

All this discussion has done is make me want to go re-read the book. I've read the series more times than I can count and I'd encourage people to re-read it. I'm always amazed at things I don't remember or seemed unimportant.

I don't know if this had been discussed in this thread before, but can anyone explain why the Larry's Comics Invincible #1's only sell for a fraction of the regular #1. But newer books with Forbidden Planet, Third Eye, etc covers go for multiple X $$$? Even Marvel's relauch of ASM #1 a comic book store could have their own covers printed, I think 6000 issues, was the minimum order direct from Marvel and they go for multipe X $$$? It never made any sense to me (shrug) Thx

From my understanding, the Larry's Comic variant came out a lot later. I believe it may have even been a year.

I could be wrong, but I know it has been discussed...

I never knew that, so then it's technically a reprint? Not a true #1?

Still worth getting your hands on a copy for your collection. The covers are printed on a really good paper stock so the book presents really nicely.

There's a post somewhere around here where Larry explains the full story of the variant...