• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Any plans for him to come to Baltimore this year? I didn't see him on the list yet. :wishluck:

He is at the Salt Lake Comic Con that weekend. It's 10 minutes from home, so a little easier trip for him.

That makes sense for him! :cry:

He was in Baltimore last year with the sweet Avengers swipe.

I was lucky and got on his commission list last year. (thumbs u

I'm curious does he do first come first serve day of con or lotto system like some others?

First come and most the time it's already full by vendors and other artists before the doors open on the first day. I have been trying to get a ottley commission for years now with no luck.

Yup, first come at the show.

My LCS sets up at Baltimore and I help them set up the day before at the con in exchange for a badge. That's how I was able to get on his list last year.

I love my commission from last year. It's the 1st image in my rotating sig line. I had it professionally framed and it's hanging on my wall above my computer.

InvincibleRyanOttleyCommissionframed_zps79e9517d.jpg

Last year in Baltimore, I went VIP, got there super early, went right to Ottley's table and was able to get on his sketch list. It was my 3rd con I attempted to get a sketch from him. It was well worth it.

:news:

I've managed to put together a NEARLY complete run with variants. Thanks with the help of several Boardies (namely Branget & bryan_robson and a few others) I've made this happen. I also got the tie-in series (guarding the globe, wolfman, tech jacket, Brit, science dog, etc). I'll update my WTB and share it here to try to find the last few issues (mainly need a #12 in the regular series).

Tomorrow :cloud9: #113

I've managed to put together a NEARLY complete run with variants. Thanks with the help of several Boardies (namely Branget & bryan_robson and a few others) I've made this happen. I also got the tie-in series (guarding the globe, wolfman, tech jacket, Brit, science dog, etc). I'll update my WTB and share it here to try to find the last few issues (mainly need a #12 in the regular series).

:golfclap: worthy of a registry award indeed. I'm a bit late to the party but this is by far my favorite book. I've slowly started putting a run together myself. Mostly raw books for now but slabbing eventually.

That and of course an Ottley sketch, I gotta get me one of those!

#12 is the second lowest printed issue in series behind #10. Second prints are rarer and variants but those are scarcest for first prints.

Pretty awesome that such a pivotal and great issue as #12 is also one of the rarest.

Patrick

that was quick. took you 2 months or so, right? my run took me years to complete and I'm still missing some variants.

Did you get a graded copy of #1?

that was quick. took you 2 months or so, right? my run took me years to complete and I'm still missing some variants.

Around 2-3 months. (Thumbs u

Rarest variants are the b&w wraparound from 100, Adams variant to 50, and b&w to Invincible Returns.

I have the #50 Adams. Here's everything I think I need:

#100 wrap sketch

IR #1 B&W

IR #1 2nd print

IR #1 Variants x2

#92 2nd print

#1 Larry variant

I think I have everything else (thumbs u

Did you get a graded copy of #1?

Bought a 9.4 - it will do for now. :)

:news: just downloaded and read #113 .... MOAR!!! :sumo: