• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

Got a phat stack of AH Zatanna and Catwoman books today.

I'll try to get a pic later today.

Patrick

Where'd you get them? I went to Three Cs the other day and snagged $130 worth of Hughes comics and did it again at a shop in Fort Collins. Mostly $3 books, but a few bigger issues.

Any thoughts on the Hughes Betty and Veronica SDCC or NYCC books? I've never been overly interested in con exclusives, but these have me intrigued. But at $200+, I'm hesitating to pull the trigger. Do con exclusives tend to hold value?

It is a nicer cover than #51 IMHO so I can see why it went for more. I like #74 better than #51 as well.

I kinda like the #51 because of the Lost reference. I do like #70 because of the background. I wasn't aware there are only 4 9.8 (2 are SS). #74 is a winner. Unfortunately I don't have any high grade copies of it :cry:

It is a nicer cover than #51 IMHO so I can see why it went for more. I like #74 better than #51 as well.

I kinda like the #51 because of the Lost reference. I do like #70 because of the background. I wasn't aware there are only 4 9.8 (2 are SS). #74 is a winner. Unfortunately I don't have any high grade copies of it :cry:

I have been having decent luck with snagging Catwoman and Wonder Woman issues for reasonable ($3-$4) to dirt cheap (3 for $1 boxes) at LCSs and local shows the past couple of years. They are still out there to be found in the wild. The key is tracking them down as most stores do not bother restocking the bins when they sell.

Wow. I did not realize that the print run on a lot of the Hughes Catwoman issues was only in the 18,000-20,000 copies per month range. That is way lower than I expected.

Edited by kimik

I have been having decent luck with snagging Catwoman and Wonder Woman issues for reasonable ($3-$4) to dirt cheap (3 for $1 boxes) at LCSs and local shows the past couple of years. They are still out there to be found in the wild. The key is tracking them down as most stores do not bother restocking the bins when they sell.

Yup, this. I still routinely pick these up out of $1 boxes, sometimes big runs. I pick up any AH or Bolland cover I can find for $1 if it's in decent shape. The only CW book I never find is 51, so I guess even the dollar diggers are hip to that one. 74 is out there, though.

If anyone is selling, I'm putting a full run together for pc. LMK.

Keep an eye out on eBay as there are still decent deals to be found in runs/lots of this title. I did not really need it, but I figured that this lot was worth a gamble today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361770948027?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Keep an eye out on eBay as there are still decent deals to be found in runs/lots of this title. I did not really need it, but I figured that this lot was worth a gamble today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361770948027?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It has 70 (all red cover) and 74 (mirror cover) in it. Those two will basically cover your cost right there. Yes the person cherry picked out a few big $$ covers, but missed a few also. I think a few more of these could pop given time. I am surprised one or two of the Zatana covers have not, and there are a few more hard black covers in the run.

I think this run is just going to get hotter with time.

Edited by drotto

It has 70 (all red cover) and 74 (mirror cover) in it. Those two will basically cover your cost right there. Yes the person cherry picked out a few big $$ covers, but missed a few also. I think a few more of these could pop given time. I am surprised one or two of the Zatana covers have not, and there are a few more hard black covers in the run.

Wonder Woman, too. Plus the Bolland Wonder Woman run. Some amazing covers...and some just as oddball/eyebrow-raising as the powerless era's SM covers...

Wonder Woman, too. Plus the Bolland Wonder Woman run. Some amazing covers...and some just as oddball/eyebrow-raising as the powerless era's SM covers...

The Catwoman run is better known and getting a lot of attention right now. What books from the Wonder Woman run are the ones to watch? Besides 184.