• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I do not know GPA. Even with Destro's first full appearance it does not have its own line heading in the guide.I could not see myself paying more than $100 for it even at 9.8. Issue 13 with a more brief appearance had a much weightier feel to it.

As far as first full apps go issue 25 is chock full of new characters. By price the guide is giving it a higher ranking than either of the "history issues" (26 &27). I can see it having key significance as it

is also a pivotal issue in the story line moving out of the Rockies to the Everglades. Focusing on Storm Shadows escape from Alcatraz with Zartan being a strong link in the enemies backbone for quite a long while. 2 roles in the Movies as well.

I raised an eyebrow when I saw this years guide although admittedly issue 25 spent a good while being overlooked.

Any of you Joe afficianados know what FMV is on a 14 in cgc 9.8 now? Is GPA realistic? Just none available out there currently that I see.

Last 5 sales:

$100 Nov 2014

$95 Jun 2014

$68 Jan 2014

$41 Sept. 2013

$89 Jun 2013

Looks like it depends on who's bidding and/or BIN price listed.

I do not know GPA. Even with Destro's first full appearance it does not have its own line heading in the guide.I could not see myself paying more than $100 for it even at 9.8. Issue 13 with a more brief appearance had a much weightier feel to it.

As far as first full apps go issue 25 is chock full of new characters. By price the guide is giving it a higher ranking than either of the "history issues" (26 &27). I can see it having key significance as it

is also a pivotal issue in the story line moving out of the Rockies to the Everglades. Focusing on Storm Shadows escape from Alcatraz with Zartan being a strong link in the enemies backbone for quite a long while. 2 roles in the Movies as well.

I raised an eyebrow when I saw this years guide although admittedly issue 25 spent a good while being overlooked.

To me, #24 has always been the key book to have. It's the 1st appearance of both Zartan and Firefly (one of my favorites).

Sure, I know it has the whole Hulk 180/181 thing going on, but to me it's the 1st Zartan. 2c

To me, #24 has always been the key book to have. It's the 1st appearance of both Zartan and Firefly (one of my favorites).

Sure, I know it has the whole Hulk 180/181 thing going on, but to me it's the 1st Zartan. 2c

I definitely hear you on the "first full app" thing. Sometimes getting just a glimpse of the characters you know is going to be bad azz is so much more potent.

Issue #24 is my all time favorite issue . I am hoping to get a 9.4 slab this year. Nothing on the open market recently that I have seen. Russ Heath art really sets the series off as one of the war artists. Firefly is another well developed fixture of the ARAH series.

I definitely hear you on the "first full app" thing. Sometimes getting just a glimpse of the characters you know is going to be bad azz is so much more potent.

Issue #24 is my all time favorite issue . I am hoping to get a 9.4 slab this year. Nothing on the open market recently that I have seen. Russ Heath art really sets the series off as one of the war artists. Firefly is another well developed fixture of the ARAH series.

Thanks for all the input fellas!

24! Right on. That was always my favorite issue, as well. And #19.. fallen from a dead man's hand. :headbang:

Anyone know of a good place to buy some vintage Joe MOC figures at a decent price? I'm trying to avoid eBay.

I don't recommend buying MOC vintage Joes if you are spending big money. I saw another one over the summer where the O-Ring or the Rubber Band connected to the O-ring snapped while still on the card.

Buy loose.

With that said, you will not find a better selection of MOC product than on eBay unless you go to Joecon. I used to buy directly from other members on Hisstank for loose Joes and things but their forums are lax and you do not often see pics in the FS threads.

Anyone know of a good place to buy some vintage Joe MOC figures at a decent price? I'm trying to avoid eBay.

I don't recommend buying MOC vintage Joes if you are spending big money. I saw another one over the summer where the O-Ring or the Rubber Band connected to the O-ring snapped while still on the card.

Buy loose.

With that said, you will not find a better selection of MOC product than on eBay unless you go to Joecon. I used to buy directly from other members on Hisstank for loose Joes and things but their forums are lax and you do not often see pics in the FS threads.

Oh damn.. I've read about that. Imagine one day you wake up, have some cereal, and go to have your daily look at your high grade AFA carded collection, only to see your AFA 90 '84 Storm Shadow as a double amputee? I don't know whether or not I'd pass out, or throw a chair through a window.

Buy loose.

I agree with this. I only have one carded figure for my earlier figures and only because the price was right. All my figures are loose, bagged and boarded and kept in a box away from sunlight. As for hisstank you don't see the vintage stuff come up that often as much anymore and everywhere I go everyone wants to get it so cheaply that its not even worth selling my figures since wouldn't be able to buy the stuff I want so just do trades now. I pretty much only saved my doubles that where complete and if not complete sold off all the figures but kept all their gear for trades since the gear is where the money is.

This is just example of some of my doubles.

157949.jpg.63a1efd3b4b0f0f624ab35e83bdb26b1.jpg

157950.jpg.86b81b74495b4ab4c6b87b0ab817297e.jpg

157951.jpg.bca01befd22b39e6434b4f274ad17e29.jpg

157952.jpg.9b2f72fae0907f2ceeb4b250b15ebd5e.jpg

Buy loose.

I agree with this. I only have one carded figure for my earlier figures and only because the price was right. All my figures are loose, bagged and boarded and kept in a box away from sunlight. As for hisstank you don't see the vintage stuff come up that often as much anymore and everywhere I go everyone wants to get it so cheaply that its not even worth selling my figures since wouldn't be able to buy the stuff I want so just do trades now. I pretty much only saved my doubles that where complete and if not complete sold off all the figures but kept all their gear for trades since the gear is where the money is.

Nice collection Whisp. I regret selling all of my Joes back in the mid-90s at a garage sale. :(

Buy loose.

Nice collection Whisp. I regret selling all of my Joes back in the mid-90s at a garage sale. :(

Thanks. Yeah I lost my original collection and started up a few years back and as mentioned that is part of my doubles. Think I am like 47 figures away from having all figures including drivers from 1982-1989 since that's the era I collect along with out of those 47 like 20 of them I just need a gun or an item too complete them. Its slow trading even though because people will try and trade less valuable items for like my flashlights or storm shadow gear and try and pillage the good stuff off me. On kijiji so many times I will show my want list and they will reply with items they have and I ask what they want and they go for the high end stuff and when I say no start flipping out lol. Had a guy offer me a $8 figure (was a driver that comes with no gear) which I could find loose for like $2 at a show for my complete firefly and was flipping out since I wouldn't trade lol. Its the joy of collecting collectibles I guess. :)