• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Anyone know of a good place to buy some vintage Joe MOC figures at a decent price? I'm trying to avoid eBay.

I don't recommend buying MOC vintage Joes if you are spending big money. I saw another one over the summer where the O-Ring or the Rubber Band connected to the O-ring snapped while still on the card.

Buy loose.

With that said, you will not find a better selection of MOC product than on eBay unless you go to Joecon. I used to buy directly from other members on Hisstank for loose Joes and things but their forums are lax and you do not often see pics in the FS threads.

I agree with this. I only have one carded figure for my earlier figures and only because the price was right. All my figures are loose, bagged and boarded and kept in a box away from sunlight. As for hisstank you don't see the vintage stuff come up that often as much anymore and everywhere I go everyone wants to get it so cheaply that its not even worth selling my figures since wouldn't be able to buy the stuff I want so just do trades now. I pretty much only saved my doubles that where complete and if not complete sold off all the figures but kept all their gear for trades since the gear is where the money is.

This is just example of some of my doubles.

Nice collection Whisp. I regret selling all of my Joes back in the mid-90s at a garage sale. :(

Thanks. Yeah I lost my original collection and started up a few years back and as mentioned that is part of my doubles. Think I am like 47 figures away from having all figures including drivers from 1982-1989 since that's the era I collect along with out of those 47 like 20 of them I just need a gun or an item too complete them. Its slow trading even though because people will try and trade less valuable items for like my flashlights or storm shadow gear and try and pillage the good stuff off me. On kijiji so many times I will show my want list and they will reply with items they have and I ask what they want and they go for the high end stuff and when I say no start flipping out lol. Had a guy offer me a $8 figure (was a driver that comes with no gear) which I could find loose for like $2 at a show for my complete firefly and was flipping out since I wouldn't trade lol. Its the joy of collecting collectibles I guess. :)

Yeah I can imagine the difficulties of trying to find gear. I was surprised how much the gear goes for on ebay. Ahh yes the joys of collecting! Good luck on finding your missing items.

Spirits eagle is easy to find its the damn feet unbroken. That's one of the pieces I need myself lol. So far I have three other characters birds done and I was shocked I even got them. Storm Shadow swords are like $15 for the short sword and like $12 for the long sword and yes hard to find.

Usually its anything that is small that is hard to get or that has a lot of use and breaks. Ive gotten like 6 blow torch masks and all have a broken strap. Same with bird feets. An other item that seems to always be broken is outbacks hk rifle strap. Why either the most popular , small or easily broken is hardest to get and usually more costly

edited 2 to 3 birds since I forgot shipwrecks parrot lol so I have three birds done. Spirit is only bird left to finish.

From the 75cent font they are direct market 2nd printings. Can't remember but thinner 75cent is direct and the thicker 75cent was the ones that came in the bag packed ones. I could be mistaken on that but from what I can remember.

From the 75cent font they are direct market 2nd printings. Can't remember but thinner 75cent is direct and the thicker 75cent was the ones that came in the bag packed ones. I could be mistaken on that but from what I can remember.

Thanks! Thats more than I was able to dig up on them, but I didn't look very hard lol.

Really I just got them to read some of the stories.

Thanks! Thats more than I was able to dig up on them, but I didn't look very hard lol.

Really I just got them to read some of the stories.

(thumbs u

Thanks guys.

Yeah my one friend said I should take off the gear and lay down and look like a figure with the rifle beside me and put that in that spot and pile up all my gear and have that in the top section lol. One day I may get to that and add that. :)

This is my made up crossover since I am using the name Spector for my code name in airsoft and based off GI Joe #27 where a kid points at Storm Shadow and calls him Moon Knight.

An actual toy figure would be pretty cool.

159595.jpg.d6ec245ab42b2dc86c70a4c15a346409.jpg

Man did I love issue 26 & 27!

Those where a good read. My favourite part of the story line though will always be the Cobra Island civil war story line especially when Destro comes in at the end.

:)

Well I'm bummed... I just got the shipping notification for that GI Joe 63 (SoMuchFun 3rd print Variant) I submitted... It came in at a CGC 9.4. I was really thinking/hoping it was going to be a 9.6... :sorry:

My GI Joe: America's Elite #11 Incentive (which I was SURE was going to make 9.8) got a 9.6... double bummer!

Still both good looking copies though! I'll post pics when they arrives.

Man did I love issue 26 & 27!

Those where a good read. My favourite part of the story line though will always be the Cobra Island civil war story line especially when Destro comes in at the end.

:)

I did like all things Cobra Island (probably because I got to see all those cool water vehicles in play. (lots of those toys!)