• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Never got into airsoft or paintball and my figurine collecting is long since past tense. I prefer to focus on something I understand a little better, plus I really, really love comic books.

Very , very cool idea however using figures for your airsoft set-up. I hear that's dangerous,be careful!

Yeah I have protection.

This is my Hit & Run and Recoil crossover. Its not complete. Waiting on Aimpoint t1 with killflash and Carry Handle rail section to mount sight similar to recoils.

Ive upgraded it so its silencer and m4 platform since I think he should be quiet.

153570.jpg.8d2811b8f3f82752714fa725448c59e4.jpg

I found this link from a gamer off the wargaming website and I though the forumites here might enjoy.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Pretty sure I am not breaking any posting rules here, but let me know if I am and I will gladly take it down! Enjoy.

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

Thanks to Silent Master got some 2nd prints and a first print #2. :) Got these a few days ago but just been busy. Thanks bud with helping me fill some holes. After those books arrived went out to a couple shops to see if anything available and found a Blackthorne GI Joe 3D #1 in really nice shape. I would say a 9.2.

153886.jpg.ec66c6af5fb35b222b21cad436133498.jpg

Thanks to Silent Master got some 2nd prints and a first print #2. :) Got these a few days ago but just been busy. Thanks bud with helping me fill some holes. After those books arrived went out to a couple shops to see if anything available and found a Blackthorne GI Joe 3D #1 in really nice shape. I would say a 9.2.

Anytime man! Glad I could help.

Nice cover. Vamp is one of my favourites as well.

It was my first 'Joe toy so I have great memories of the VAMP and Clutch and the many battles we fought in my backyard! :)

One of my first Joe toys as well. I got that, RAM, JUMP and HAL along with a couple figures. Good times :)

Recently I have been enjoying the 60 or so issues of Devil's Due Press G.I.Joe that I acquired not too long ago.

Just curious if anyone else is signed on to YOJOE.com. I have been using the comic book database there to help me keep track of the best order to read them in. Looking at the list I probably want to finalize with the reboot/continuation of the original series , the ongoing title that Larry Hama is in charge of right now. Hopefully by the end of this year. :wishluck:

Through reading I can see that the title has had many creators in its different iterations. In terms of the overall continuity though Josh Blaylock is the only one post-Marvel who can hold a candle to Hama. It says that he was a collector and fan growing up in some of the letter columns. Maybe that's why he seems so true to the core. The other writing is fun to read but I just cannot make sense of some of it.

Still however I am in the phase of "if it says G.I. Joe on the cover , I want it". Hoping to break out soon. lol

Still however I am in the phase of "if it says G.I. Joe on the cover , I want it". Hoping to break out soon. lol

Yeah it doesn't get any better... after alternate covers and reprints then you just start searching for things like this:

img744_zps8ba8b395.jpg

GreekJoe14001_zpsf31e80c5.jpg

EPSON013-2.jpg

EPSON012-2.jpg

It will drive you crazy!

Yeah it doesn't get any better... after alternate covers and reprints then you just start searching for things like this:

img744_zps8ba8b395.jpg

GreekJoe14001_zpsf31e80c5.jpg

EPSON013-2.jpg

EPSON012-2.jpg

It will drive you crazy!

Those are pretty darn cool! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Thanks - I really like hunting these down. I have managed to pick up 'Joe comics from 19 different countries (about to be 20, I'm working with a guy now that is collecting up the entire 15 issue run from China).

Once I got all the America printed books it seem like a good thing to keep me occupied. It's doubtful I'll ever find all the foreign issues.

As far as I have seen the final issue of the "Death of Snake-eyes" trilogy is shipping around May 20 2015.

I have never been one to follow hype but I want to make sure I do not miss out because I see myself wanting one sooner or later. I pre-ordered a copy. I was hoping some of the other Joe fans here could fill me in whether they think its going to sell out.

What I mean is , am I safe, or is my order going to get bumped. I do not have regular monthly pull list with any comic shops so I realize I would probably be the first to get left out in the cold with this one.

What's the demand going to be on this one? High , low , somewhere in the middle? I am just looking for a reading copy.

As far as I have seen the final issue of the "Death of Snake-eyes" trilogy is shipping around May 20 2015.

I have never been one to follow hype but I want to make sure I do not miss out because I see myself wanting one sooner or later. I pre-ordered a copy. I was hoping some of the other Joe fans here could fill me in whether they think its going to sell out.

What I mean is , am I safe, or is my order going to get bumped. I do not have regular monthly pull list with any comic shops so I realize I would probably be the first to get left out in the cold with this one.

What's the demand going to be on this one? High , low , somewhere in the middle? I am just looking for a reading copy.

Personally I think somewhere in the middle. Everyone knows it's coming so they will have time to preorder unlike TMNT 44. Most will go for the 1:10 so lots of regular copies will be out there. It should sell out and within a month or two the regular covers will be around $5-10 I hate to be a pessimist and burst everyone's flipping but the regular series Snake Eyes will be around still. Just the ARAH series SE will 'die".

I am not sure how I feel about the whole death of Snake-Eyes story arc... but I doubt it will create a big collector market from the trilogy or actual death issue.

There appears to be a few retail exclusive covers that will be a pain to track down in high grade (maybe it will be easy than I hope :wishluck: ).

Hoping the story is worth his death!