• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

It is reassuring to know that my copy is safe.

I have read on a few different sites about other fans feelings on the issue and they are mixed. I know that Snake-Eyes has been around for a long time and is a crucial character. I guess if it has to happen that way then I would like to see G.I. Joe comics continue to grow and evolve. G.I. Joe is a great story but I hope it is not the end of the property altogether as we know it. I hope G.I. Joe comics are around for a long time to come. The storytelling truly inspires me in my everyday life.

I have also heard talk of a third major movie, but enthusiasm amongst the fan base seems lackluster and skeptical. I am coming to the realization myself that G.I. Joe will not likely get its due respect in my life time. I am a little saddened by this because it had such potential.

I do not think it is too far of a leap but just look what Hasbro/Marvel-Michael Bay/ Paramount did with the Transformers. I think those are great movies but it had to come about in its time. G.I. Joe however is long over due to the point that expecting it to be a major motion picture franchise is a stagnant wait. It is too bad. I liked the second film alot. Too bad it couldn't take off from there as there are infinite directions it could go.

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

I am sorry I cannot say that a copy is on my list of things to pick up right now. It does look cool.

Although I would like to say thank you to Silent Master for the link to the website 3DJoes. It is way better than YoJoe.com.

The fan movie "Ballad of G.I. Joe" is great.(Buzzer and Torch lol) I saw some TV commercials for alot of toys there too. I cannot believe how many of those toys I used to own.

In a few months from now I am going to try to pick up ARAH Vol.2 issues 155 1/2 to present but right now I have not seen them in a single lot. I think it will be the most challenging section of my collection to complete thus far.

155 1/2 shouldn't be hard to find. Many collectors didn't even realize it came out though since it was a fcbd release so they sell quick. Why I grabbed a pile of it. The new series of arah shouldn't be that hard either other then the variants since they are already making their way into the $2 bins.

155 1/2 shouldn't be hard to find. Many collectors didn't even realize it came out though since it was a fcbd release so they sell quick. Why I grabbed a pile of it. The new series of arah shouldn't be that hard either other then the variants since they are already making their way into the $2 bins.

Thanks for the encouragement. 2$ bins are what I am counting on, but for now I am holding on to the wallet.

Well, here goes nothin'.

Below you will find the results of an entire life of collecting G.I.Joe comics.

Not sure if I am going to break 1000 posts with this but there's nothing wrong with bumping this thread little. :bump:

EDIT: I noticed some of my original photos were blurry so I replaced them with clearer images.

Thank you to all who looked at them.

dm2vkk.jpg

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

21abpxy.jpg

2igyts7.jpg

339mzqf.jpg

Some of the issues may be a little out of order just because of double bagging.

With issue #23 starts my news stand run. You may notice the condition takes a big drop, mainly from sitting in my back pack on the ride bike to school everyday.

Issue #60 was a favorite of mine. Todd Mcfarlane art. I remeber reading about a disagreement he had with Marvel somewhere around this issue where he penciled an issue then it got pulled. So if I recall there are panels he laid out that exist but never went to press.

21bq4oi.jpg

2nrqcdz.jpg

2mcgbhi.jpg

2uidhjc.jpg

scx5d3.jpg

qsl5r8.jpg

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

Issue #98 was my last newsstand issue, therefore ending my collecting run. Everything after is pretty much a back issue purchase(excluding Special missions, which were all consecutive newsstand purchases.)

2hqszn5.jpg

10nz669.jpg

9057hl.jpg

It was cheapest to buy the final 40 or so issues in GI Joe classic. Not sure if I will ever pick up the floppy copies.

20tpkl2.jpg

2a8lycy.jpg

14o6hkw.jpg

2wqh3es.jpg

ayqepz.jpg

2vtteth.jpg

ivz492.jpg

Order of Battle graphic novel.

I thought about putting these posts in the the "group photo" thread but I figured would be more appreciation here.

u3gow.jpg

2ui88ko.jpg

20gzl0z.jpg

51uas7.jpg

No particular order at this point other than by publisher.

2mwwdgj.jpg

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

20tnf3p.jpg

The Phoenix Guard twist was pretty solid In America's Elite.

2rh436e.jpg

2r7pj6h.jpg

24cxif5.jpg

2rwbas8.jpg

dot7bc.jpg

11lrgj6.jpg

That should be around 300 issues. Do not think I missed any.

That's all folks.

Thanks!

Edited by H0RR0RSH0W

Some of the issues may be a little out of order just because of double bagging.

With issue #23 starts my news stand run. You may notice the condition takes a big drop, mainly from sitting in my back pack on the ride bike to school everyday.

:applause:

I would give ANYTHING to have the original copies I bought off the shelve and read over and over as a kid... :sorry: Those would be much more valuable to me than any CGC 9.8 any day!

Hold on to those beat up copies brother!