• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

Damn, JC why are two newbies ganging up on you? Must be that shining personality of yours. 27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

Joe just has a way of making "friends" (friend?)! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Unless they're two chicken-[!@#%^&^] shills who are afraid to face JC with real ID's.

Damn, JC why are two newbies ganging up on you? Must be that shining personality of yours. 27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

Joe just has a way of making "friends" (friend?)! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Unless they're two chicken-[!@#%^&^] shills who are afraid to face JC with real ID's.

lol!! 893applaud-thumb.gif Now... who could they be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If someone offers me $2K for a comic that sold for $7K, and wants me to think they will NEVER resell or trade it at current, inflated market values, then be prepared for a little "real world" analysis of flipping and profiteering.

Not that I want to get too involved in this but I do not understand your mindset. You say GS X-men 1 is worth $7000 in CGC 9.6 and you have a stack of them ungraded. You say you would never sell them for that price because you think it would be a rip off. You say you would never sell them for $2000 because you "know" whoever you sell them to would CGC them and sell them for $7000. So my questions to you are:

What price would you sell them for?

How many do you actually have?

Do you really expect CGC to give them all 9.6?

Are you planning to die with them in your collection as seemingly no matter what price you estimate them being worth, someone is out to screw some on else on them?

Once you are dead will you tell your heirs not to sell them as you do not want them screwing some one else on them?

Will you burn them to be sure of that?!? devil.gif

Timely

Here's a question for you all...

Imagine if Wolverine never appeared in Hulk 180-182 and that his first appearance ever was in GS X-Men 1, along with the rest of the New X-Men..

how would the significance/collectibility of GS X-Men 1be worth in that scenario? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What price would you sell them for?

I don't plan on selling them, and it's as easy as that. No harm, no foul and no people looking to "buy as a collector" who'll flip it on EBay before the book arrives.

Once I pass into the ground, they'll probably be worth quite a bit less, and I could care less what anyone does with them.I only care what my choices are.

And P.S. no one ever offered $2K raw, but $2K for a CGC 9.6. That's a known commodity at that point.

A simple question...why in the world would you want a stack of GS X-men#1 if not to make money on them???...

If you are collecting for collectings sake don't you only need one???...

NO! :::gazes lovingly at his 30+ copies of LOSH #300::: insane.gif

A simple question...why in the world would you want a stack of GS X-men#1 if not to make money on them???...

I thought everyone knew this story?

Short version: An ill-fated camping trip caused a large portion of my collection to be left on a picnic table, and in a fit of guilt, my parents bought me box upon box of those "multi-packs" to compensate.

Many contained early New X-men issues (though strangely no #94's or 100's) and as I needed only one copy of each to read, the rest went into storage and are basically pristine.

So yeah, I've got quite a few GS X-Men #1's (the most common issue in those packs - returns must have been high) along with 96-99 and 101-104 issues as well. My investment was nothing, may parents paid around 10-15 cents a copy, so why not keep them?

I thought everyone knew this story?

Short version: An ill-fated camping trip caused a large portion of my collection to be left on a picnic table, and in a fit of guilt, my parents bought me box upon box of those "multi-packs" to compensate.

Many contained early New X-men issues (though strangely no #94's or 100's) and as I needed only one copy of each to read, the rest went into storage and are basically pristine.

So yeah, I've got quite a few GS X-Men #1's (the most common issue in those packs - returns must have been high) along with 96-99 and 101-104 issues as well. My investment was nothing, may parents paid around 10-15 cents a copy, so why not keep them?

So how many do you have & are they still in the packs? Can I buy a pack from you (collector to collector)? I won't flip it.

So how many do you have & are they still in the packs? Can I buy a pack from you (collector to collector)? I won't turn around & flip it.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Seriously though, even if I was in the mood, I don't have access to them right now. All my valuable comics/cards are packed away in safe. At least I think they are, and my parents are spending money like drunken sailors.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

P.S. None are in sealed packs, as they were 5-6 issues thick and I needed to peek at the middle issues. To think I used to think "Oh man, not another GS X-Men #1, where are the Spidey's???"

Hmmmm... Because you think the comic market is going to crash, and that these books will be worth 50% in 5 years what they're worth now. And because they're sitting in a box, and you're getting no enjoyment out of them. And because you think the comic market is going to crash, and that these books will be worth 50% in 5 years what they're worth now? makepoint.gif

Hmmmm... Because you think the comic market is going to crash, and that these books will be worth 50% in 5 years what they're worth now. And because they're sitting in a box, and you're getting no enjoyment out of them. And because you think the comic market is going to crash, and that these books will be worth 50% in 5 years what they're worth now? makepoint.gif

Hey Joe,

Why not humour us.....and post a scan of your GS X-MEN 1's? confused.gif

Wouldn't the satisfaction of silencing the nay-sayers be worth the effort of digging them out? confused-smiley-013.gif