• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please, help me decide..

147 posts in this topic

It would seem so.

Myself and some of the guys on the boards have cried because we laughed so hard each time I circulated your email offers,

I just don't have anymore time for this as my business partner and I just scored a 1.5 Million dollar collection

and need the time for serious matters such as real customers.

best,

Xxxxxx

Plus

There have been several GA books offered for sale here on the boards over the last several months through a third party. One in particular I had a very strong interest in but was priced aggressively to say the least. If memory serves me right. I made a non-committing offer of around $1000 - $1100 which was denied and probably taken as insult by the seller.

A short time later the book is on ebay with a low opening bid, but a reserve.

classic epeening, if you ask me.

Don't sweat him, Miles. He sounds like an old fogey who hasn't quite figured out that his time has passed. All his talk about how you're such a newb and a kid, and unexperienced is so very Freudian.

The dudes time is done on this stage, and he knows it.

Some people are just and think that they can convince you with ignorance to pay a higher price for a book. I find this usually doesn't work and I laugh at them since they are the ones worthy of being laughed at.

hahahahaahhaaha

oh god I cried laughing so hard at this peon

Now you can reply to him that you talked to people on the boards and they cried from laughing so hard at him and his peons!!!!!!!!

Some people are just and think that they can convince you with ignorance to pay a higher price for a book. I find this usually doesn't work and I laugh at them since they are the ones worthy of being laughed at.

hahahahaahhaaha

oh god I cried laughing so hard at this peon

Now you can reply to him that you talked to people on the boards and they cried from laughing so hard at him and his peons!!!!!!!!

:applause:

I believe Primetime was selling the book for Frank. It's not Primetime's book. I was initially interested, as well, but there are some back cover problems that I believe keep the book out of the 9.2 range. At 9.0, Mike's offer is very reasonable.

'Here is a tip for you as I have been collecting 34 years and you are

obviously a novice collector ...9.2 means near mint minus and brings 1.5 to 2x Overstreet guide especially if the book is low in the price guide.'

Sooooo...why was he charging 3 x Guide in the Marketplace? :eek:

ing noob! :makepoint:

I believe Primetime was selling the book for Frank. It's not Primetime's book. I was initially interested, as well, but there are some back cover problems that I believe keep the book out of the 9.2 range. At 9.0, Mike's offer is very reasonable.

(thumbs u

Full agreement on this. Looks no better than a 9.0 and Mike is definitely in the ballpark in these circs.

Look, anybody can ask whatever they want for a book, and doesn't have to sell it if he doesn't want to.

However, the arrogant, obnoxious, patronising load of arse he responded with...well, he's a tool. (thumbs u

Mike,

Honestly, while I know this probably stings and you are kind of seething that this guy would be such a insufficiently_thoughtful_person, but as others have mentioned, I would state who this guy is publicly and then say that you won't be doing business with anymore. I know I couldn't now either. Not because of what he asked for the book, but for the rude and insulting email he sent you. There are plenty of true low ballers (and I don't think your offer is really that low ball, especially when factor in that in the thread someone else said that for Nedors of that grade and era, guide or slightly above guide was more accurate), but I would never be rude or disrespectful. Just a polite no thank you.

If I was treated like this, I would make sure I never did business with them again and I would certainly spread the word.

I think it's funny that he called Mike a noob. From what I've seen, Mike has a great deal of knowledge of books and the market in GA and has been a spot-on grader. I would caution people selling books for others not to lie down with pigs. This guy was unprofessional at best and a real person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed at worst.