• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

Real difficult to just have a civil debate about a topic but simple as hell to add finger fugging into the mix around here :screwy:

What next, form a line and drop your drawers and see who has the biggest pecker?

Real difficult to just have a civil debate about a topic but simple as hell to add finger fugging into the mix around here :screwy:

What next, form a line and drop your drawers and see who has the biggest pecker?

That discussion was pages back.

that might be it. they wheel out these incredibly shiny fussed over cars surrounded by 30-40 workers, and show fevered bidder in the stand PLUS, an real old fashioned Auctioneer !bababadadabammabafadadada dadadad-style.

is this legit?

Is this the Heritage or Sothebys of car auctions?

when is it on?

Im not sure. I catch it flipping channels and watch for awhile....

:signfunny:lol

That's the funniest post I've read on here in a long while lol(worship)

Can I be first?

:hi:

Can I be first?

:hi:

can I be last :hi:

Im sure the mods have already been notified right?

Why have the "mods" be notified? Where did I go wrong? I didn't! These two parties have been trolling me around for 3 weeks; I post they comment. I post they comment. I post they comment. I post they comment. I post they comment. Just look above this post and you will find the shill's done it once again. One of the members is a shill and the other you can always find instigating things. After all he's already driven off last years award winning " best forumite" whom I happen to feel real sorry for considering he lives just a mile down the road

CC

Heard he may be moving...

oh I forgot enjoy the vacation

Why have the "mods" be notified? Where did I go wrong? I didn't! These two parties have been trolling me around for 3 weeks; I post they comment. I post they comment. I post they comment. I post they comment. I post they comment. Just look above this post and you will find the shill's done it once again. One of the members is a shill and the other you can always find instigating things. After all he's already driven off last years award winning " best forumite" whom I happen to feel real sorry for considering he lives just a mile down the road

CC

San Francisco :wishluck:

CC

San Francisco :wishluck:

:signfunny:

Neither one - both are tailor-made for insecure males.

Well, I agree on the car. Buying a flashy car to impress girls is classic male compensation behavior (yes, yes, some guys really love the car and performance, but some guys also really read Playboy for the articles).

But who the hell buys a comic book to impress girls? If they do, then they're really clueless.

Well i read playboy for the articles. i mean, yeah i look at the pictures to but i read the articles also. As a matter of fact, next month in playboy, there will be an article about comic books. So everyone here can read it for the articles too now!!

I assume you are joking, but if not, I will have to get me a copy lol

No im serious pal. its called comic book heroes and its about how 4 award-winning authors consider the effect comic books had on their lives.

Just for the record, the new issue is out and the article is in there. I havent read it yet. :grin:

Bentley, Maserati Shun Incentives, Gird for `Deflated' Market

2008-11-21 05:01:01.13 GMT

By Greg Bensinger

Nov. 21 (Bloomberg) -- The target customers for the world's priciest luxury cars probably still have $330,000 to plunk down for an Azure sedan from Volkswagen AG's Bentley. Because of the global economic slump, they may not feel like it.

``There's hesitation among buyers because you don't want to appear to have something more than everyone else,'' said Marti Eulberg, chief executive officer of Maserati North America.

``There's no doubt sales are deflated this year.''

Bentley and Lamborghini SpA are among the so-called super- luxury carmakers promoting $100,000-plus models at this week's Los Angeles Auto Show as they work to reverse dwindling U.S.sales. Lamborghini's 15 percent slide matches the industrywide drop; Bentley's 30 percent plunge is twice as large.

Unlike mass-market brands that rely on discounts when showroom traffic flags, these companies say adding cash or financing incentives damages the residual values that are pivotal in winning buyers. Sales won't likely rebound until an improving economy bolsters consumer confidence, they say.

``People who can afford these vehicles can afford them despite the economic climate,'' said Robyn Eckard, a spokeswoman for Kelley Blue Book, which evaluates vehicle pricing. ``It's more a matter of the psychology, their feeling of relative wealth.''

Industry Niche

Automakers such as Lamborghini, which unveiled its new $221,000 Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder in Los Angeles, are a niche within a U.S. auto market that averaged 16.8 million annual sales this decade before 2008. Lamborghini sold 657 units through October.

Now they're mired in the worst U.S. sales year since 1991, with the industrywide total possibly falling to fewer than 14 million vehicles, according to George Pipas, Ford Motor Co.'s sales analyst. Only Fiat SpA's Maserati, up 9.9 percent through October, has added U.S. deliveries.

``Every market has been influenced by the global financial situation,'' Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez said in an interview. Global sales for the Gaydon, England-based company's $119,000 V8 Vantage sports car have declined about 20 percent this year.

Bez said he would encourage his dealers to actively pursue buyers, rather than lure them to showrooms with incentives. U.S.sales are about 30 percent of the total of fewer than 6,000 at closely held Aston Martin.

For Crewe, England-based Bentley, 2009 will be a ``getting- worse kind of year,'' said Stuart McCullough, board member for sales and marketing. ``The market hasn't stabilized yet and we can't predict when it will.''

U.S. purchases of Bentleys tumbled to 2,333 through October, according to industry-sales tracker Autodata Corp. of Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.

No Incentive Fix

``This problem was not made in the industry, it's an economic one, and adding incentives won't fix it,'' McCullough said.

Lamborghini, based in Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy, and Germany's Porsche SE are among the automakers betting that new models will help stabilize sales in 2009.

``The first half will be pretty much the same as we've seen the past few months, but in the second half a recovery should start,'' said Mark Templin, U.S. chief of Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus unit. ``And not just Lexus, but the whole luxury market will grow in the second half.''

Lexus remains profitable even as sales fall below last year's U.S. record of 329,177, Templin said.

Staying Profitable

``We were profitable when we were at 200,000 units and we're profitable if we're at 250,000 units. We don't need to sell 300,000 vehicles to make a profit,'' he said. ``We're not going to chase volume with lots of incentives.''

Special offers are more common at the low end of the luxury scale. Automakers such as Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, which makes the $35,600 135i coupe, regularly offers financing incentives on its vehicles in the U.S.

Maserati's Eulberg said the luxury market would rebound on new products and on renewed confidence among buyers of its vehicles, which cost an average of $125,000. ``2009 is still going to be a tough year,'' she said. ``You just can't will your way to a better market.''

Ferrari dealers are still reporting strong interest in the brand, North American CEO Maurizio Parlato said.

``Our clientele is at the top of the market and so far we aren't hugely affected by the meltdown,'' he said in an interview in Los Angeles. The new $200,000 California sports car should help the Modena, Italy-based company boost 2009 U.S. sales after this year's 2.6 percent decline, he said.

``We sell special cars like they are jewelry,'' Parlato said. ``We have never done incentives.''

For Related News:

Stories on the auto industry: NI AUT

--With reporting by Alan Ohnsman in Los Angeles. Editor: Ed Dufner, Bret Okeson

Bentley, Maserati Shun Incentives, Gird for `Deflated' Market

2008-11-21 05:01:01.13 GMT

By Greg Bensinger

Nov. 21 (Bloomberg) -- The target customers for the world's priciest luxury cars probably still have $330,000 to plunk down for an Azure sedan from Volkswagen AG's Bentley. Because of the global economic slump, they may not feel like it.

``There's hesitation among buyers because you don't want to appear to have something more than everyone else,'' said Marti Eulberg, chief executive officer of Maserati North America.

``There's no doubt sales are deflated this year.''

Bentley and Lamborghini SpA are among the so-called super- luxury carmakers promoting $100,000-plus models at this week's Los Angeles Auto Show as they work to reverse dwindling U.S.sales. Lamborghini's 15 percent slide matches the industrywide drop; Bentley's 30 percent plunge is twice as large.

Unlike mass-market brands that rely on discounts when showroom traffic flags, these companies say adding cash or financing incentives damages the residual values that are pivotal in winning buyers. Sales won't likely rebound until an improving economy bolsters consumer confidence, they say.

``People who can afford these vehicles can afford them despite the economic climate,'' said Robyn Eckard, a spokeswoman for Kelley Blue Book, which evaluates vehicle pricing. ``It's more a matter of the psychology, their feeling of relative wealth.''

Industry Niche

Automakers such as Lamborghini, which unveiled its new $221,000 Gallardo LP 560-4 Spyder in Los Angeles, are a niche within a U.S. auto market that averaged 16.8 million annual sales this decade before 2008. Lamborghini sold 657 units through October.

Now they're mired in the worst U.S. sales year since 1991, with the industrywide total possibly falling to fewer than 14 million vehicles, according to George Pipas, Ford Motor Co.'s sales analyst. Only Fiat SpA's Maserati, up 9.9 percent through October, has added U.S. deliveries.

``Every market has been influenced by the global financial situation,'' Aston Martin CEO Ulrich Bez said in an interview. Global sales for the Gaydon, England-based company's $119,000 V8 Vantage sports car have declined about 20 percent this year.

Bez said he would encourage his dealers to actively pursue buyers, rather than lure them to showrooms with incentives. U.S.sales are about 30 percent of the total of fewer than 6,000 at closely held Aston Martin.

For Crewe, England-based Bentley, 2009 will be a ``getting- worse kind of year,'' said Stuart McCullough, board member for sales and marketing. ``The market hasn't stabilized yet and we can't predict when it will.''

U.S. purchases of Bentleys tumbled to 2,333 through October, according to industry-sales tracker Autodata Corp. of Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey.

No Incentive Fix

``This problem was not made in the industry, it's an economic one, and adding incentives won't fix it,'' McCullough said.

Lamborghini, based in Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy, and Germany's Porsche SE are among the automakers betting that new models will help stabilize sales in 2009.

``The first half will be pretty much the same as we've seen the past few months, but in the second half a recovery should start,'' said Mark Templin, U.S. chief of Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus unit. ``And not just Lexus, but the whole luxury market will grow in the second half.''

Lexus remains profitable even as sales fall below last year's U.S. record of 329,177, Templin said.

Staying Profitable

``We were profitable when we were at 200,000 units and we're profitable if we're at 250,000 units. We don't need to sell 300,000 vehicles to make a profit,'' he said. ``We're not going to chase volume with lots of incentives.''

Special offers are more common at the low end of the luxury scale. Automakers such as Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, which makes the $35,600 135i coupe, regularly offers financing incentives on its vehicles in the U.S.

Maserati's Eulberg said the luxury market would rebound on new products and on renewed confidence among buyers of its vehicles, which cost an average of $125,000. ``2009 is still going to be a tough year,'' she said. ``You just can't will your way to a better market.''

Ferrari dealers are still reporting strong interest in the brand, North American CEO Maurizio Parlato said.

``Our clientele is at the top of the market and so far we aren't hugely affected by the meltdown,'' he said in an interview in Los Angeles. The new $200,000 California sports car should help the Modena, Italy-based company boost 2009 U.S. sales after this year's 2.6 percent decline, he said.

``We sell special cars like they are jewelry,'' Parlato said. ``We have never done incentives.''

For Related News:

Stories on the auto industry: NI AUT

--With reporting by Alan Ohnsman in Los Angeles. Editor: Ed Dufner, Bret Okeson

Pictures?