• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

My favorite car is also a Ferrari. :) Ferrari Testarossa to be exact.

1_full.jpg

that looks like a 90-91 Testarossa 512...nicer than my 88 I had

but, in FL, too darned hot to drive it, with a weak AC and no targa top to take down

Just drive at 150mph all the time. AC problem solved. :kidaround: How was the car to drive? Was it a pain to own?

93' is my favorite year for the car, which I believe is the last year it was produced.

dude, 12 cylinders of Ferrari muscle... strongest Ferrari I had (not the most fun, but strongest)...weak breaks and stiff steering, but hey, what do you expect... and, turned heads more than the 308 and 328 (my fav)...

Looks like we all have different tastes.

For me, strictly based on aesthetics, give me a Carrera GT or a Vanquish S.

black-vanquish-1-small.jpg

Porsche_Carrera_GT_silver_vr_EMS.jpg

Now there is a man who knows what nice is. :applause:

you miss your baby, don't you :foryou:

Well, now we're getting somewhere.

I am differentiating between beauty and an extreme, head turning look.

I think the Countach snaps heads because it looks like it's from another planet (in a good way). I agree 100%. Those side windows freak me out. The scoops and wings look menacing.

On the other hand an aesthetically beautiful car (to me) cannot have any one point stand out. It needs to be a complete form.

To me the Countach is like Anna Nicole Smith. She turns heads.

The GTO is like Madeline Stowe. No one part makes you go *WOW* but as a whole? WOW!

Does that make sense?

R.

Well, I think the Countach is beautiful and is head turning. I don't think the 288, 308 or 328, or the other variations on that basic frame, are beautiful or head turning. To be honest, I look at the back half and it looks like a Corvette, and that's the better half! I don't like the front half, never have, never will.

That Carrera GT is as sick as they come. I saw my first one last summer on the road (my dealership is in a very wealthy part of town). There's just nothing that I could fault the car for. It's gorgeous from every angle.

Looks like we all have different tastes.

For me, strictly based on aesthetics, give me a Carrera GT or a Vanquish S.

black-vanquish-1-small.jpg

Porsche_Carrera_GT_silver_vr_EMS.jpg

Now there is a man who knows what nice is. :applause:

you miss your baby, don't you :foryou:

Yeah, I do. :sorry:

My new one is plenty fun, but it isn't the same as the two seater. :sorry:

Can't allow that god-awful truck to be the last pic of this thread. :sick:

2791926522_8913c964fc_b.jpg

2742444771_6b6657982d_b.jpg

455230383_9eab9901ac_o.jpg

Well, now we're getting somewhere.

I am differentiating between beauty and an extreme, head turning look.

I think the Countach snaps heads because it looks like it's from another planet (in a good way). I agree 100%. Those side windows freak me out. The scoops and wings look menacing.

On the other hand an aesthetically beautiful car (to me) cannot have any one point stand out. It needs to be a complete form.

To me the Countach is like Anna Nicole Smith. She turns heads.

The GTO is like Madeline Stowe. No one part makes you go *WOW* but as a whole? WOW!

Does that make sense?

R.

Well, I think the Countach is beautiful and is head turning. I don't think the 288, 308 or 328, or the other variations on that basic frame, are beautiful or head turning. To be honest, I look at the back half and it looks like a Corvette, and that's the better half! I don't like the front half, never have, never will.

and that is why we are all entitled to our own opinions... just something about the 288 that "does" do it for me... though, I LOVE the countach too :luhv:

Can't allow that god-awful truck to be the last pic of this thread. :sick:

2791926522_8913c964fc_b.jpg

2742444771_6b6657982d_b.jpg

455230383_9eab9901ac_o.jpg

while I am sure it would be awesome to drive, I just don't like it (again, that is just me)... looks like a birth gone bad (shrug)

I'm satisfied with my Jeep. (shrug)

when you have 4 kids, your drive way will look like mine:

Ford Focus station wagon (kids HATE it when I drive them to school in it, so I humble them every so often!)

Chevy Avalanche

Dodge Durango

that is where we are at these days (got rid of the wife's H2 when gas went to 3.50 last year)

while I am sure it would be awesome to drive, I just don't like it (again, that is just me)... looks like a birth gone bad (shrug)

The car looks okay to me until you see it from behind, and then you`re just like "WTF?"