• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

I'd take the Action #1. I saw a Bugatti Veyron in Amsterdam (business not pleasure) on Thursday - it looked ugly.

You should have postponed business to bid on the comiclink auction!

:makepoint:

I am itching for a new ferrari... got no coin to buy it, but I got the itch
lol Got no coin?... take 1/2 of your comic spending money and you got yourself a new ferrari
that is just it...have you seen me post any new comic acquisitions lately :cry:

lol Got no coin?... take 1/2 of your comic spending money and you got yourself a new ferrari
You don't need anymore :makepoint:

• Administrator

How about Top Gear on BBC? I catch that one from time to time and it is very enjoyable. I'm not a car enthusiast, but I can appreciate the better body lines and components that comprise a sweet machine. I heard they are working on a US version (may be out already) but I really like the hosts on that show and don't see it translating to a US version very well. I would probably avoid it.

But, I said the same thing about The Office and though the two are not the same (by a long shot) to me I do enjoy the American version (though it took a year of warming up to)...

(BTW I didn't read the first 5 pages so I might have missed it if this was already discussed)

How about Top Gear on BBC? I catch that one from time to time and it is very enjoyable. I'm not a car enthusiast, but I can appreciate the better body lines and components that comprise a sweet machine. I heard they are working on a US version (may be out already) but I really like the hosts on that show and don't see it translating to a US version very well. I would probably avoid it.

But, I said the same thing about The Office and though the two are not the same (by a long shot) to me I do enjoy the American version (though it took a year of warming up to)...

(BTW I didn't read the first 5 pages so I might have missed it if this was already discussed)

My father and I watch that show whenever it is on. They have some crazy stuff going on there. The best was the recent "shootout" where the three guys hd to each buy a car for $1500 pounds and see whos car was the best choice. The tests were 0-60, handling, breaking, reliability,a nd finally a off-road rally. Really funny stuff, most cars did not live through the events.

Yep, there are a few Top Gear segments spread throughout this thread. It's a great show, with a very talented crew. Like the Office, I think the U.S version will be so different, the name will be the only thing linking the 2.

It's the best I can do. And it's still my favourite comic purchase ever

(thumbs u

What about the gargantuan book you just bought? You could have purchased and exotic car with that kind of money :baiting:

Seriously, man, where are your priorities... (shrug):baiting:

Just went to the L.A. auto Show yesterday. Didn't see Bugatti there (by the way, the name sounds Italian, but they are a French Company) and I've only seen 2 driving around the streets of L.A. so far, one blue and one white (I know Simon Cowell owns one here in L.A., but I don't think I've seen his). But at 1.6million, I don't think even in Beverly Hills you will see one more than once a month.

I have to say the new Austin Martin DBS looked fantastic and the same Dutch Spyker's from last year did too, but of the exotics, I think the best deal is the Audi R8.

I have to say the new Austin Martin DBS looked fantastic and the same Dutch Spyker's from last year did too, but of the exotics, I think the best deal is the Audi R8.

I don't know if it is still the case, but I was told by one of the Audi reps at the NY Auto Show that dealers were charging up to $50k over MSRP for the R8. Similarly, there is a huge mark-up on the Nissan GT-R over MSRP that takes it over $100K, so all the talk about it being a bargain compared to the Porsche 911 is completely :screwy:

I was told by a Ferrari dealer in southern California about a year ago that there was a $75K premium over sticker for the F430 (the regular version - I'm pretty sure the Scuderia is more) and a $150K premium for the 599. Between that and the exorbitant cost of (necessary) options, the true cost of a driving a new Ferrari off the lot bears little resemblance to the base MSRP you read about. Throw in taxes and the cost of driving either of the two new F430 Spiders they had on hand was close to $375K (the stated MSRP is $201K before options). :whatthe:

By the way, for you Ferrari 288GTO fans, the current issue of the British magazine Octane has a cover story on the car:

Picked up a copy of this issue when I was in London this week (though it has been subsequently replaced by the new issue). For you 288 GTO fans, pick up a copy if you can still find it - the pictures are so gorgeous they will make you want to stroke yourself. :eek::whatthe::cloud9: