• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A HG Action 1 or a Bugatti Veyron?

364 posts in this topic

A factory ZL-1 ??

Im surprised those cars are extremely rare and the most valuable of the production Camaros.

yep...I want to say it went for 1.2 million, but I was channel surfing, and they were interviewing reggie after the sale

The last sale I heard of was in the mid 1990's. The sale was for 127,000 at the time. And was amazing figures at the time. 1.2 million is a bit high, but for a true ZL-1 that is worth every penny to a serious collector.

FYI. Most ZL-1's lost there original engines. The all-aluminum block had a tendency to give way at high rpm. Usually swapped the block for the Cast Iron, but retained the high flow heads. The all-auminum block can however be switched out for the same engine used in the chevelle counter part at the time without notice. The Aluminum blocks did not have casting numbers. I have no idea how they can tell the difference.

...was that the Camaro with the flip up head lights?

R.

That was the RS or the RS/SS. The ZL-1 was a factory drag car produced in 1969.

The RS models were tamer by far. I also love the 69 z-28. Something about that car in bumble bee yellow with the black stripes and cowl hood.

Too bad the 302 was a bit underpowered compared to the BB's, but it did well in the racing circuit it was designed for.

there is still one car I place above all others ( just me, personally)

24095673.jpg

Probably in my top 3 most beautiful cars of all time...maybe even top 2.

:cloud9:

Damn, this thread is humbling. And to think I've been getting excited looking at a '36 Plymouth Coupe.

Doesnt ring a bell. But I would love to have one of the early chevy pickups that have the bed the size of half a sheet of plywood.. Chopped,dropped and about 400HP should be scary enough :cloud9:

I don't consider myself a huge car guy by any means. This has always been one of my dream cars though.

v-porsche.01.jpg

One of the most important cars of all time!

Wheres the remote control??
Perhaps the diminutive size of the care indicates that I am comfortable in other areas? :baiting:

So you are more comfortable for wanting the midlifecrisismypeepeestoppedworking mobile ?

Size of the car means nothing I love the 63 chevy II nova, and that car is bigger by inches.

I like the straighline cars. Its cool though, I needed the dig..

Perhaps the diminutive size of the care indicates that I am comfortable in other areas? :baiting:

So you are more comfortable for wanting the midlifecrisismypeepeestoppedworking mobile ?

Size of the car means nothing I love the 63 chevy II nova, and that car is bigger by inches.

:sorry:

:foryou:

:foryou:
zzz

24095673.jpg

Probably in my top 3 most beautiful cars of all time...maybe even top 2.

Damn, this thread is humbling. And to think I've been getting excited looking at a '36 Plymouth Coupe.

Doesnt ring a bell. But I would love to have one of the early chevy pickups that have the bed the size of half a sheet of plywood.. Chopped,dropped and about 400HP should be scary enough :cloud9:

Oh yeah, the early pickups can be *nice*!

Not the exact one I'm looking at but pretty close. :luhv:

I can't figure out what the &^%$ I'm doing wrong to get the pic up (and this blasted s-p-o-o-n function keep deleting all my creative punctuation) so here the link:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cc/1936_Plymouth_Coupe.JPG/778px-

24095673.jpg

I love that car. (thumbs u

Looks like we all have different tastes.

For me, strictly based on aesthetics, give me a Carrera GT or a Vanquish S.

black-vanquish-1-small.jpg

Porsche_Carrera_GT_silver_vr_EMS.jpg